General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Traded my V-twin for...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 09:46 PM
SuperSport

Loco
Traded my V-twin for...

Well, I finally got rid of my crappy 1000cc V-Twin. I had just not been impressed enough with it, and it frankly was not my style. So I traded it, and I think I made the right move. That's right fellas, I got rid of the SV1000. I traded it for a Honda too, a VTX1800. First of all, this bike is clean as hell, big as hell, and is probably the ballsiest cruiser I've ever seen that's not a custom job. Its the VTX Retro model.. here maybe this works:

[google]VTX 1800 Retro[/google] <-- Google link

[web:4916f442fc]http://vtx1800-vrienden.kicks-***.net/vtx1800/images/VTX1800_retro_lhsfront.jpg[/web:4916f442fc]

Lemme know what ya'll think about having a cruiser AND a superhawk.
Old 04-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Interesting. No ground clearance for either bike...

What's the cruiser for?
Old 04-06-2006, 12:16 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
What's the cruiser for?[/quote]

lol! classic question. I love it. damned if I know. but I'm glad to hear you got rid of the suzuki. I have been continually developing a dislike for all things suzuki. the SV is ok at most things, but not great at anything and judging from all the reviews I've read, its really not worth it. I've ridden both myself, and can say that my own opinion seems to be universal. I've seen several comparo's with SH vs. SV, and the hawk has come out on top every time. not a good thing if a 3 year old fuel injected design can't compete with a 8 year old carburated design. but at least your new ride will be comfortable. I give it 2 seasons max, and you'll be clucking again.
Old 04-06-2006, 06:34 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cruisers are for old farts...what's that smell....J/K Nice bike just not my cup of tea grampa. You going to drag a knee with it? I do think it makes more sense to have 2 very different bikes though if your going to have 2.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Back Marker

vitter is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Traded my V-twin for...

there is only one cruiser I would ever consider trading my vtr for.
Old 04-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Back Marker

thegreep

This would be the only cruiser I would go for. . .
Old 04-06-2006, 09:53 AM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vitter";p=&quot
there is only one cruiser I would ever consider trading my vtr for.

v-max ftw such awesome bikes. I'd like a cruiser but would have to keep the superchicken
Old 04-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Back Marker

Utah996
Good old EngineNoO9 from ClubSi! Glad your on the SH site!
Old 04-06-2006, 11:31 AM
SuperSport

Loco
Well I was planning to keep the superhawk AND the VTX. The VTX for the long trips where the superhawk just isn't comfortable, or when my passenger doesn't feel comfortable riding on a crotch rocket. Recall that my dream garage has several motorcycles, and this may be one of them....
Old 04-06-2006, 11:32 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by thegreep";p=&quot
This would be the only cruiser I would go for. . .
Oh no you didn't.......kick him off the forum...I hate those things! But opinons are like.....well you know the rest.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:33 AM
MotoGP

Like I said before, if your going to have a garage full of bikes it would be kinda dumb for them to all be the same.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:52 AM
SuperSport

Loco
At least it's not a Harley. I can't bring myself to refuse to wave at sport bikes.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:17 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road

That Viper bike sure looks fun

Congrats on the new toy, it looks real nice!

Rick B
02 SH
Old 04-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Back Marker

thegreep
Originally Posted by Loco";p=&quot
At least it's not a Harley. I can't bring myself to refuse to wave at sport bikes.

You make a good point, and I have yet to figure out what it is with those guys. . .Embarassment that they paid so much and got so little? I had a great day recently where I pulled up behind one of the serious custom bikes and he tried to show off. I stayed about 10 feet off his wheel pushing him a bit until his bike sputtered and died. He pulled off, and I flew by. It made me realize (yes there is a point to the story) that I would be more reluctant to help one of the heavy biker types if they had a problem with thier bike because of the way they treat anyone who is riding anything else. In a world where the only people that are going to help you out are other bikers seems counterproductive.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Back Marker

Utah996
Originally Posted by thegreep";p=&quot
You make a good point, and I have yet to figure out what it is with those guys. . .Embarassment that they paid so much and got so little? I had a great day recently where I pulled up behind one of the serious custom bikes and he tried to show off. I stayed about 10 feet off his wheel pushing him a bit until his bike sputtered and died. He pulled off, and I flew by. It made me realize (yes there is a point to the story) that I would be more reluctant to help one of the heavy biker types if they had a problem with thier bike because of the way they treat anyone who is riding anything else. In a world where the only people that are going to help you out are other bikers seems counterproductive.
Bravo....I thought it was just me that they refused to waive at....
Old 04-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Squid

Halbard
That is constantly a sore subject, especially here in richie rich, customs and Harley land. I have met fewer and fewer REAL bikers (you know, the guys who are cool as hell, as long as youre two up) and keep running into more and more weekend a$$holes on their expensive Harley toys (most under 2,000 miles...) who are rude to anyone not on another Harley.

Look... there ain't many of us bikers out there, and the cagers out there don't give a damn... so we gotta look after each other. But like theGreep said... I'm getting less and less likely to pull over and help someone on an a$$hole machine...
Old 04-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Superstock

Jim TT
I had one for about six years and had several Honda sport bikes the best being a VFR750. I got it so I would have a bike to ride with my 'cruiser'friends but never rode much with them...I am too much of a loner and like it that way. the bike was fun but I sold it and bought a Super Hawk. I like sport bikes a lot more but the ACE was fun.