General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Errr.. traded my VTR and Buell for a....

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 06:21 PM
Back Marker

CANADAVTR is on a distinguished road
Errr.. traded my VTR and Buell for a....

Victory Vegas! OK, OK, so it's not a sport bike... I loved owning the VTR but found myself getting over confident with the speed and handling!
Found this mint Victory Vegas so traded my 2 bikes plus some cash.

PS I have a right hand red fairing panel and a pair of stock cans for sale at very sensible dollars (basically, cover the shipping and hassle) so PM me if interested.

BTW the Victory is a great bike! 90 ft lbs of the old TQ and 90 hp.
Attached Thumbnails Errr.. traded my VTR and Buell for a....-p1020741.jpg   Errr.. traded my VTR and Buell for a....-p1020712.jpg   Errr.. traded my VTR and Buell for a....-p1020716.jpg  

Last edited by CANADAVTR; 10-29-2010 at 06:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-29-2010, 06:37 PM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
pm'ed
Old 10-29-2010, 07:52 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CANADAVTR
Victory Vegas! OK, OK, so it's not a sport bike... I loved owning the VTR but found myself getting over confident with the speed and handling! .
that's a lame-*** excuse, but then again, you don't really need to make any, right. haha

Seriously though, looks like a nice bike. If I'm still riding, and if i make it to 85 or 90, I'd like to get one of them there Harley wannabees. Lord I apologize for that......

Seriously, really, honest. We'll miss you and truly wish you the best, and hope you love your new bike. I guess you'll have to change your address when the new owner finds out the CCTs and RR are gonna fail shortly and that Buell went out of business. He'll be looking for you with a gun. haha
Old 10-29-2010, 08:35 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
PS I have a right hand red fairing panel and a pair of stock cans for sale at very sensible dollars (basically, cover the shipping and hassle) so PM me if interested.

If it's not spoken for, I'd take that right hand fairing off you, and I'm local

Got a crack in my right fairing, so it'd work out well for me.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
Banned!!!!....

Victory Vegas! OK, OK, so it's not a sport bike... I loved owning the VTR but found myself getting over confident with the speed and handling!
Found this mint Victory Vegas so traded my 2 bikes plus some cash.

BTW the Victory is a great bike! 90 ft lbs of the old TQ and 90 hp.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:39 PM
medium fast guy
Back Marker

trackdayhawk is on a distinguished road
That is one big creamcicle......

Nice looking bike, have fun with it.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:44 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
As cruisers go, that one looks real nice. At least you won't have to wear one of those black T-shirts that says "Harley" on the back...just in case everybody doesn't know what you just rode up on.

You'll be missed on the Forum...one less Canuck (My wife came here from Regina with her parents when she was 15, in 1965).

And I'll miss seeing your dog.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 10-29-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Squid

Camo is on a distinguished road
I'll get in line for the fairing if other don't pan out (doubt it).
Old 10-29-2010, 09:28 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I've said it before and been beat up for it but it's true. Motorcycles are like women and computers. It takes more than one.

What a great street machine. You should be proud. I think it has great lines and the colors work really good. I use the Superhawk and the Interceptor as workhorses. It would be really cool to lay back, hook it up with the lady, and go out for a root beer.

That would be my machine. Congrats!
Old 10-30-2010, 05:17 AM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
I really like the Victories and if I were going to get a cruiser I’d go with one of these or the Yamaha Warrior.

(For a brief moment in time Victory owned the sport-cruiser niche market – a niche no one else wanted – and it would have been great if they could have continued in that direction, but they’re still great machines from what I’ve read.)

Just don’t stop waving to us sportbike riders
Old 10-30-2010, 08:23 AM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
There's no point keeping a bike if you don't feel drawn to it. I'll glad you're supporting Victory. I hear they're great machines.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:30 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Cruisers like that have a definite appeal- something about a skinny front tire and seeing through the motor/chassis to the other side that makes them more like a functional sculpture than finely tuned performance machine. And rolling around at 2K rpm is fun too.

The ones I'm still trying to figure out are these:
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/member...lo-seat-02.jpg
Just can't quite wrap my head around them yet

Nice bike, man- hope you have fun with it!
Old 10-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by matt365
If it's not spoken for, I'd take that right hand fairing off you, and I'm local

Got a crack in my right fairing, so it'd work out well for me.
Hey Matt, call me on 905 699 8001..I'm near Uxbridge. The fairing has been repaired, see pics. Needs sanding and painting, but if it works for you call me and come by...
Attached Thumbnails Errr.. traded my VTR and Buell for a....-p1020758.jpg   Errr.. traded my VTR and Buell for a....-p1020756.jpg  

Last edited by CANADAVTR; 10-30-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-30-2010, 03:45 PM
JPP
Superstock

JPP is on a distinguished road
I hear they are what Harley "Should a' been" rather than a wannabe.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Back Marker

Guys, you're a blast! I'll keep in touch with you guys and keep visitng the forum, just without my beloved VTR!

Don't get me wrong, I loved the VTR! But I wanted to try something totally different. Had to be a big V Twin (torque) but not a Harley (image not for me) and not much horsepower (until you get to a V Rod). Wanted no Jap (but might have considered an MT01)....so it only leaves a few choices.

Saw this Victory while browsing the net and was really impressed by the looks of the bike (for a cruiser). When I researched the Victory, turns out they are almost maintenance free...self adjusting overhead cams, EFI, belt drive....blah blah..and made by Polaris, who know a thing or two about quality.

Don't get me wrong - it's not a VTR! That skinny front wheel had me really wary for a while, but you'd be surprised how stable the bike is. Turning is easy by countersteering, and brakes are OK - I have to keep reminding myself it's a 600 lb machine though, LOL.

But it has got grunt, still quick 0-60 (OK, 0-100 for the Canucks) and runs a quarter mile in 12 flat, so OK for what it is.

We'll see, as time goes on I might be back to a VTR...for value and pace, I haven't found a better bike than the Red Rocket!

Stay safe!.....John.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:06 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
So, 7moore7, are you a member of that hd forum you linked?

Nice looking machine but wow, what a change of pace. Hope you don't have any regrets next riding season.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
Victory Vegas! OK, OK, so it's not a sport bike...
Congrats on the new ride! Very clean looking.
Anything with two wheels beats the alternative in my book.
Enjoy the hell out of it. Only thing that's kept me from adding a cruiser to my garage (in addition to the money!) is I just don't feel comfortable with my feet out in front....makes me feel like I'm being taken for a ride instead of doing the riding.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:10 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Duck007
Congrats on the new ride! Very clean looking.
Anything with two wheels beats the alternative in my book.
Enjoy the hell out of it. Only thing that's kept me from adding a cruiser to my garage (in addition to the money!) is I just don't feel comfortable with my feet out in front....makes me feel like I'm being taken for a ride instead of doing the riding.
Hey Duck, I know what you mean about the legs out in front, and I puke when I see guys with their legs splayed so far apart that they look like they're giving birth!

The Vegas position is fairly standard (almost like a standard bike)...., but pegs around 8 inches ahead of the knees, and that's why the countersteering is needed. I laughed when I first set off down my driveway, as I instinctively went to put my feet where I would on the Honda, ooeerrr...nothing there! But you soon get used to it. See the pic to get the idea of the pegs...

The main difference is slow speed steering...trick is to keep those feet on the pegs and keep the power on, or the front end tucks in. Other than that, it handles well.....
Attached Thumbnails Errr.. traded my VTR and Buell for a....-p1020740.jpg  

Last edited by CANADAVTR; 10-30-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Back Marker

badboyrr is on a distinguished road
Wow..............What a hound!
Old 11-01-2010, 06:43 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nath981

Seriously though, looks like a nice bike. If I'm still riding, and if i make it to 85 or 90...
Yeah, I hope to be riding when I get that old. How do you do it canada?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:58 PM
Back Marker

Well, as you can see from my Avatar, I'm doin' great for 103! I rode track day bikes until I reached 97 but them slid off and ripped out my colostomy bag!

Naw, just kiddin LOL...but, would you believe, flippin snowing here last weekend! But still, we ride! Tough buggers, us Canucks! But with that feet forward look, the wind sure blows right up my shorts! Must try long pants for the winter!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Squid

helimd is on a distinguished road
Nice looking Victory! If nobody is in line for the cans, count me in. My left side was damaged after the previous owner dropped the bike. Let me know what the freight would be to zip 73120, Oklahoma City. Thanks
Old 11-02-2010, 06:58 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
Well, as you can see from my Avatar, I'm doin' great for 103! I rode track day bikes until I reached 97 but them slid off and ripped out my colostomy bag!

Naw, just kiddin LOL...but, would you believe, flippin snowing here last weekend! But still, we ride! Tough buggers, us Canucks! But with that feet forward look, the wind sure blows right up my shorts! Must try long pants for the winter!
Got a buddy who has a Victory Vegas and loves it! Good on ya for not going the HD route, hahaa. (Not that there's anything wrong with a farm tractor, just not my thing)

I got stuck out in the snow on Sunday; I"m thinking it's time to winterize the bike after that...

Oh well, she needs a bit of work and a good once over.

My right side red fairing is cracked clean through at the mirror mount, so if you'd like to part with that fairing locally it'd be great

congrats on the new bike! Just in time for snow
-Matt
Old 11-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Back Marker

Hey Matt, here's pics of the right hand fairing panel. Looks like it was cracked from falling over, but the previous owner had it plastic welded (apparently that's the standard way to fix a cracked fairing?). Just needs sanding and painting...Rustoleum do a spray paint in perfect matching red - Canadian Tire have it.

See what you think and let me know. $50 takes it. Cheers. John

PS where are you in Toronto? PM me if needed...
Attached Thumbnails Errr.. traded my VTR and Buell for a....-p1020756.jpg   Errr.. traded my VTR and Buell for a....-p1020757.jpg   Errr.. traded my VTR and Buell for a....-p1020758.jpg  
Old 11-04-2010, 07:17 AM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
"But with that feet forward look, the wind sure blows right up my shorts! Must try long pants for the winter!"

I think Gerbings makes a heated jock strap but you should check with them.