General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

track day video, tail cam

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 07:35 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
track day video, tail cam

hope this is the right section for this, this was the second session of the day, cold outside so not too much tire grip, i was getting used to the raised rear sets still which work great as i had the bike over pretty far by the end of the day and didnt even feel my toe sliders touch once. anyways i was getting held up by slower riders but passed a bunch of guys and i was starting to hang my shoulders off more, kiss the mirror as everyone calls it closer to the end of the day, but i started it early on and was hanging my *** off less than on my first day. over all i was much faster than my first time around, after the third session i got bumped to intermediate where the competition was alot faster and alot of advanced guys were hanging out in there aswell. but you dont learn by following slower riders

video is in 2 parts as youtube wouldnt let me load it in one shot it was too long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRA9UPYOjGs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzWIjkztMZI
Old 10-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Squid

ThisDudeHere is on a distinguished road
videos

Hey, do you have any later sessions recorded? after lunch? when you went out in intermediate?
I was at Cayuga that day and saw you on the track only after lunch. You were the only VTR out there and as I was moving through the field I stumbled up behind you. I was confused at first b/c I didn't see you in any earlier sessions and now it makes sense why I didn't see you earlier. I didn't bring my VTR, I was out on my newly acquired F4i w/ track fairings, getting used to it.
Turn 12, the last turn onto the straightaway is some scary stuff, exiting towards that concrete wall you always have to be in proper line otherwise its bumpy...I take that turn much slower that the rest, just in case and I noticed you stay quite far from the wall all the way up.
Let me know if you have the later sessions, I would love to see them.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:27 PM
SuperBike

i may have one from after lunch of the camera facing back, actually i think i have one from before lunch of my first or second session, what does your bike look like ill see if i can find it in the video. i got a little spooked in intermediate i came into turn 2 way too fast and had to go off onto the grass, that made the rest of that session interesting, haha.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 AM
Squid

Turn 2 is fun, I've gone off there staying on the runoff pavement straight ahead after canceling the turn deciding I was going in too hot..you can brake very late and continue partial braking all they way through to turn 3...
intermediate was filled w/ all types of riders that day from very fast guys riding hot shoe rules passing anywhere and everywhere to very slow riders causing hell slowing down exiting the turns...by the end of the day I started having some issues w/ the bike, slight water leak from rad necks overflow nipple and a fuel leak..all sorted now...I hope...
I only have a couple crappy BB pics of the F4i in its black fairings for that day...I was wearing a black Joe Rocket suit that day...
but you might remember some AHOLE passing you on the straightaway between you and the wall...sorry about that...I felt bad about that but I just couldn't decide where you were going at that moment and I wanted a side by side race down the straightaway vs the VTR
Attached Thumbnails track day video, tail cam-img00089-20100916-1919.jpg   track day video, tail cam-img00091-20100916-1920.jpg   track day video, tail cam-ap1.jpg   track day video, tail cam-ap7.jpg  
Old 10-28-2010, 04:50 AM
SuperBike

haha yes i remember you. for the record the only reason you got past me on the straight is because my clutch was slipping bad after the second session of the day, once i got out of third gear it was a clutch roasting marathon and i couldnt put any power down. ill check the vid tonite an see if i have you on there

intermediate really did have alot of hot shoe guys in it. i got passed on the outside of a corner by one of them. some real fast guys. but alot of guys drop into a lower group for whatever reason. id personally rather be the slowest intermediate than the fastest novice guy. and i was on tires that were questionable so i was taking her easy that day too. hving seen a few low sides already i didnt wanna dump the vtr. next year though wne i bring out the track bike itll be ***** out without worrying about crashing, lol. oh and next time come by and say hi, im friendly enough and always enjoy meeting new people btw how did the bike sound when i was on her? ive never really heard it being flogged so i rely on others opinions for it.

as for turn 2, ive trail braked in through turn 3 before and usually do that but this time i came in just way too hot and leaned right over and the bike was still drifting to the outside hard so i stood her up and rode it out on the grass. figured better to stand up and get on the brakes hard for a second than to risk hitting the edge leaned over
Old 10-28-2010, 05:01 AM
SuperBike

yup i got you on video, we came out of turn 12 you were right behind me, you were on pace with me, i shifted gears you hearing the clutch slipping and you just pass me like nothing, lol. ill cut out the section of video where your behind me through the turns and post it up tonite or tomorrow
Old 10-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Squid

Excellent...yea I'll def. stop by next time I see you, I ran into issues w/ fuel leaking all over under the tank...I was running around trying to find an o-ring that would fit and stop the leak and then a buddy of mine lowsided through turn 9 on a GXXR1K due to a slowpoke slowing down exiting turn 9...speaking of turn 9...I was overly impressed with how well the VTR took that turn when I was behind you...I took a different line than you when you cut in early and I thought you were gonna go wide on the exit but you ended up coming out still on the inside and just as fast as myself taking a longer sweep through it...very nice...
Old 10-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Squid

oh yea and the exhaust sounds awesome...nowhere near too loud and def. smooth through the revs...there was one V-twin out there in beginners..most likely an SV650 that had some terrible carb issues going up the long straights
Old 10-28-2010, 09:23 AM
SuperBike

Yup I heard it he defiantly had problems. There was another inline 4 that sounded like it was running with traction control on too high.

I'm glad she sounds good. I really need to hear her passing me at redline one day. Haha

Turn 9 is tricky its had its share of low sides. My buddy went down there thisyear following me.

I think my bike does ok for whats done to it she turns in nice I have no complaints :-)
Old 10-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Squid

I switched bikes with a friend of mine last year for one session...I was able to hear mine then...but I wouldn't suggest lending it out to just any buddy...they need to have plenty of experience w/ different bikes and need to know that the VTR easily comes up in second...as to mine...it was wheelied out of turn 9 last year and by the time he came down he didn't make the left ...instead went into the grass upright...but then panicked seeing the straight on the other side thinking he was going that far and hit the front brake a bit and KABOOM...front end went out from under him...he came out alright...
Old 10-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Squid

ohh and if you have any video of a friend of mine in it...on a Kawi ZX7 or a blue and white gsxr with tonnes of stickers all over it...they would like to see some also...thanks
Attached Thumbnails track day video, tail cam-dsc_0021.jpg   track day video, tail cam-dsc_00011-31-.jpg  
Old 10-28-2010, 11:04 AM
SuperBike

I'll just upload the entire video and you guys can look through it. I only have one session of me in intermediate on video and its not that good.
I know all too well the power. mine will lift me when I **** into third and I come out of the s bend after turn 3 and it'll carry the wheel in second out of that last corner. she's a nasty beast when she wants to be. lol.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:57 PM
SuperBike

there you go, alot of guys who were much much faster than me

http://www.youtube.com/user/uchi00?f.../0/6-hpi6HBEUw