General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Track Day a Success Thanks to. . .

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:42 AM
Back Marker

YTKinWI is on a distinguished road
Track Day a Success Thanks to. . .

Thanks to Galaxieman, who sent me a replacement right front rotor from AZ to WI, I was able to complete my trackday at Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit WI last Saturday. There were at least 5 VTRs and one RVT at this track day. My first track day ever was at Road America in July on a Buell XB9SX. This VTR is W A Y faster than the Buell. I rode in the Novice group and I'm definitely in the slower 50% of this group--not the bike fault because my riding partner, on his own '98 VTR, was one of the fastest of the novice group. You'll probably notice that I don't "hang off." Well, I have an artificial leg and I can't (I'm also 63 y/o) but I can still have one heck of a good time. I'm looking forward to four or five track days during summer '10: Road America, Autobahn, Blackhawk Farms, Mid-Ohio and Barber. I may, depending upon the weather, trailer down to Carolina Motorsports Park, in late November and ride there with my son, who rides a SV1000--we're V-Twin guys.

Hopefully this link will work for a photo--> http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/orde...U020347&po=347
Old 09-15-2009, 08:17 AM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
congrates ! speed & dragging parts 'can' all be part of the experience but by no means is it required. trackdays can just be a fun place to ride and work on your skill set in a controlled environment. most trackday organizations provide instruction that can be invaluable. i've heard many people say that they've learned more in just a couple days at the track than years riding on the street.

tim
Old 09-15-2009, 11:31 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Blackhawk is sweet. I've watched races there but haven't gotten on track myself yet. Autobahn North is awsome. just had my trackday there over laborday weekend. I doubt you'll see many hawks there. I sure haven't. anyway I brought a vidcam with me this year. here's the high;ights if you're interested.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/t...ers_706485.htm
Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Superstock

Galaxieman is an unknown quantity at this point
That is seriously awesome man. Glad I could help. A note for the 'not hanging off' thing: You can still rotate your torso and move your head toward your inside hand w/o moving your butt around on the seat. It's not as effective as sliding over and trying to sit on the inside heel, but it does move a good chunk of weight to the inside, and should give you a couple of degrees of lean angle back at a given speed.