Simi Valley, CA
Back Marker

lowell is on a distinguished road
NICE NICE, Your always able to achieve GODLY mode
Old 12-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Superstock

NCDave is on a distinguished road
Nice! STT???

I really like your paint scheme. I may steal that idea for mine. Maybe yellow and black or something.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:57 AM
SuperSport

jay956 is on a distinguished road
Yep it was with STT. they only ran 2 groups so we got lots of track time. it was interesting to see how they do things since ive only been with NESBA before. nothin bad about STT just very different. being able to pass in the corners was nice, but NESBA's control riders are 1000x better.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Superstock

Oh? I've only been with STT, so don't know the difference. Since STT doesn't have a VIR date, I'm thinking about going up there with NESBA next year. What's so different about the control riders?

2 groups would have been nice, but since I moved to "I", I find it much nicer to not have to be held up by slow riders. That alone improves my lap times!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:19 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
love the vid too
Old 12-10-2009, 12:27 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by NCDave
Oh? I've only been with STT, so don't know the difference. Since STT doesn't have a VIR date, I'm thinking about going up there with NESBA next year. What's so different about the control riders?

2 groups would have been nice, but since I moved to "I", I find it much nicer to not have to be held up by slow riders. That alone improves my lap times!
NESBA's CRs seem much more eager to help. and there is usually about 5:1 riders to cr's. at jenning i think there were 4 in I, and 2 in A. and rarely did i see them talking to riders afterward about how to improve. with NESBA there is usually a traffic jam of cr's in pit lane talking to riders they were following that session. they also have a lot more rules than STT, which can be good or bad (i like it).
Old 12-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Superstock

Are you usually Intermediate or Advanced? In the Novice groups, they have those ratios. In "I", they have 3 or 4 control riders and you can ask for their help as you need...or if they notice someone, they may tap on their tail to show you lines or something. They usually don't have any in "A". Do they have a large number of control riders for the higher groups?

I ran novice most of this year until this last date at CMP. I found them very helpful at that level.

Have you ridden with STT other than this? I'm curious about how NESBA works. They have dates at CMP and Road Atlanta too, but also as VIR, which I wanted to try. Those are really the only tracks I'll do next year. I've considered doing Roebling Road down in Savannah, but that's the limit. I only do Saturdays, and like to go down the night before, spend the night, get up that morning, do the day's rides, then drive back home that night. This year I went to Barber, but it was just too far for my schedule. I didn't get home until 2 AM. I'm going to stick with tracks within 4 hours to make it easier. Roebling will be the limit at close to 5. I'll only do it one time though, just because I'm already itching to get back on the track and it's STT's first date of the year.

Last edited by NCDave; 12-10-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:51 PM
SuperSport

all the days ive done with nesba (3) have been in B/novice. jennings was weird wince it was only 2 groups. they had novice and lower I in the I group, and upper I and A in A. I was in I and was running mid to upper pack. but then again i also saw some people in A that would have a hard time keeping up with nesba B guys. I found it strange that you can sign up in whatever group you want.

I hope my previous post didnt come across as bashing STT, the 2 orgs are just very different.

Post up or pm me when your going to VIR or RA next year
Old 12-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Superstock

Naw, that's ok. I'm just trying to get a feel for the two of them. How do the groups work in NESBA? They are fairly loose with groupings at STT. I ran novice for 4 dates last year with them because I was new to track riding. The reason I didn't bump up to "I" was my concern about speed and keeping up.

I talked to a few guys about lap times and felt I was ready, but just a little nervous about it. I asked for permission at CMP to move from N to I in the afternoon and they said it was ok. I found that I was running at least mid pack in I my first session out. I think I passed 4 people and got passed by 2. I'll be running "I" from now on with them. The speeds of the "I" group were not nearly as fast as I was thinking, and I didn't feel like I was in anyone's way either.

NESBA has different names for the groups, and I suppose I'll have to start in novice again. That would be ok for VIR since I don't know the track anyway, but I don't want to get stuck there too long or I'll be VERY frustrated with the slow riders.

Is NESBA like STT in that there are a number of people in novice that kind of have no clue what they are doing?

Oh...and the first session that I bumped up to "I" at CMP this past time...I went down! :-o
Old 12-10-2009, 02:15 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by NCDave
Naw, that's ok. I'm just trying to get a feel for the two of them. How do the groups work in NESBA? They are fairly loose with groupings at STT. I ran novice for 4 dates last year with them because I was new to track riding. The reason I didn't bump up to "I" was my concern about speed and keeping up.

I talked to a few guys about lap times and felt I was ready, but just a little nervous about it. I asked for permission at CMP to move from N to I in the afternoon and they said it was ok. I found that I was running at least mid pack in I my first session out. I think I passed 4 people and got passed by 2. I'll be running "I" from now on with them. The speeds of the "I" group were not nearly as fast as I was thinking, and I didn't feel like I was in anyone's way either.

NESBA has different names for the groups, and I suppose I'll have to start in novice again. That would be ok for VIR since I don't know the track anyway, but I don't want to get stuck there too long or I'll be VERY frustrated with the slow riders.

Is NESBA like STT in that there are a number of people in novice that kind of have no clue what they are doing?

Oh...and the first session that I bumped up to "I" at CMP this past time...I went down! :-o
NESBA does the regular 3 group, 20 min rotation (B, I, & A). You can sign up into B or I for the first time. But if you dont sign up into the right group they will bump you fairly quickly (up or down). I would definitely recommend starting in B. B can get quite fast, but you wont get bumped just for being fast. There is no passing in the corners in B, which forces you to learn how to set up passes coming out of a turn or out braking. And yes there is always those couple people that just dont have a clue. But i have always seen the CR's pick up on it and more them off the line when faster riders are coming up behind them.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:17 AM
Superstock

Sounds pretty much the same then. thx!
Old 12-11-2009, 11:50 AM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
video removed...what!?
Old 12-11-2009, 03:14 PM
SuperSport