General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Thinking about buying a super hawk

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Squid

BDR1783 is on a distinguished road
Thinking about buying a super hawk

I've been looking to get another bike i havent rode since 04 I got tired of paying 200+ a month insurance on the 600rr i had. This will be my 3rd bike but it has been 7 years since I rode anything just wondering how user friendly the super hawk is?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:41 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BDR1783
I've been looking to get another bike i havent rode since 04 I got tired of paying 200+ a month insurance on the 600rr i had. This will be my 3rd bike but it has been 7 years since I rode anything just wondering how user friendly the super hawk is?
Superhawk is a very friendly bike, especially if you've been on a modern I4. The power is pretty even through the revs and easy to control, and the ergonomics can be tuned toward either the sport or the touring directions. It's kind of tagged as a sport tourer, hence insurance is usually less...

I'd recommend sitting on one and taking it out- that's the best way to tell if you'll like it. Totally awesome bike with a great sound and grin factor
Old 04-01-2011, 09:00 AM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
I agree, the bike is extremely user friendly! I hadn't ridden in over 12 years and I got right on and felt at home. Just be aware that the torque coming out of a corner (for example) can take the back tire right out from under you. If you give it a little respect right away, you'll be fine. I hope to see your next post "I got a hawk"!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:42 AM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
With variations for model year, you'll pay more insurance for a liter bike than for a 600, even though the 600rr has more hp and higher top speed. Go figure.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:10 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Despite my wife slapping me for the sexist comparison I'm going to make, it illustrates why the S'hawk is desirable.

After dating and having affairs with TMZ style hotties who talk fast and drop their knickers quicker than a politician changes an opinion. After fevered attempts to impress friends with the a high maintenance issue laden twit. . .

You notice that the librarian has two great jugs. Is reliable and classic, has depth that becomes more interesting as you, er, ride her and there just isn't a clone of her with your friends every time you take her out.

Cheap to keep, doesn't startle the insurance agent, likes a hands on approach to her things. Narrow in the waist, makes pleasant noises when prodded and did I mention those two great jugs?

To confess, the woman who just slapped me has a Master's degree in English, volunteers at the local library and has a set of great........OUCH!
Old 04-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Back Marker

ninjagoalie is on a distinguished road
bought my '98 a few months ago after not riding for about a year and a half, had a VF1000 Interceptor before, and I LOVE the Hawk. I lucked into getting it and it gets more comfortable every ride. The first time I opened her up I was feeling the power, looked down, and the speedo said 125. Felt like I was doing 65.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:12 AM
Squid

slawman is on a distinguished road
Talking

Originally Posted by PUSHrod
Despite my wife slapping me for the sexist comparison I'm going to make, it illustrates why the S'hawk is desirable.

After dating and having affairs with TMZ style hotties who talk fast and drop their knickers quicker than a politician changes an opinion. After fevered attempts to impress friends with the a high maintenance issue laden twit. . .

You notice that the librarian has two great jugs. Is reliable and classic, has depth that becomes more interesting as you, er, ride her and there just isn't a clone of her with your friends every time you take her out.

Cheap to keep, doesn't startle the insurance agent, likes a hands on approach to her things. Narrow in the waist, makes pleasant noises when prodded and did I mention those two great jugs?

To confess, the woman who just slapped me has a Master's degree in English, volunteers at the local library and has a set of great........OUCH!
Man that was Good!!! LMFAO!!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Back Marker

Fish is on a distinguished road
I had been out of bikes for about 9 years and bought a SH in 97. Very good bike to get "back" on. It's all in that muscle that goes from your brain to throttle hand!! Good Luck

Fish