General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Thanks, I needed that!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 09:54 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Thanks, I needed that!

I would like to thank you all for your responses, humor, and support after my crash last week. Checking in at the forum was the only bright spot in the day for me for several days - you cannot imagine how good it made me feel. Jabba the Hut called from the doctor's office yesterday and I have two breaks in my hand and a hairline in the big bone but that's it. I've comes to terms with the damaged bike but I cannot comprehend how the human body armored only with a superior motorcycle could withstand 44 feet per second into the side of an Isuzu Trooper! Further still, of the seven bikers killed in Austin in the same three day period as mine - 5 died to helmet/racing issues but 2 were experienced riders wearing gear that were cut off by SUV's and t-boned - I not only lived but walked away. In a big, BIG way everything that I've learned here, parts that were bought from members here, services for the bike were brokered here contributed to the success of the day. And thanks to you all, I'll be back for another day. All of the posts and pm's really helped me get through it. Thanks, I needed that!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Back Marker

Nanotech is on a distinguished road
You're lucky indeed! Amazing how things work out sometimes...be glad fortune smiled on you!

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery and best of luck in the future.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:30 AM
Back Marker

Darkone22 is on a distinguished road
Hope that u find u a new baby that will do u good. I really hope this will not kept u off these great beasts. Im a so happy happy to see u walk away. Its allways bad to have a downed rider. Best of hopes and prayers
Old 03-06-2007, 12:15 AM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Since I last logged in I have had a crash also, and the bike may be written off.

BUT I WAS ON MY SUZUKI, NOT THE HONDA!!!!!!!!!!!

I was bloody lucky as well, as it was a big hit, and I only have minor injuries. Neck and back are sore, but hopefully will come good.

Both of us will be back eh Doug. Can't keep a good man down as they say
Old 03-06-2007, 05:08 AM
Back Marker

Darkone22 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by shayne
Since I last logged in I have had a crash also, and the bike may be written off.

I was bloody lucky as well, as it was a big hit, and I only have minor injuries. Neck and back are sore, but hopefully will come good.

what happed? glade that your ok
Old 03-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Yikes Shayne. Hope the soreness is nothing serious.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:17 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Sad to say, all of us motorcyclists are just one inattentive glance away from the reaper. This awareness has slowed me down a bit on the street and made me try to be even more attuned to the environment I'm riding in.

Jeff Hughes in Sport Rider addressed some of these ideas well, I thought, in his column in the most recent (April '07) issue.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:10 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by shayne

Man this spring just sucks already. I guess it's your autumn though in Australia. I'm glad you're just a bit roughed up but at least it wasn't the VTR. Nobody like losing a bike or even crashing but when you lose a bike that has become really special because you made it with your hands it hurts all the more. There's always another Suzuki. Heal up quick and get back after it.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:33 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Yeah, insurance will replace the Suzuki so no problem there, and my injuries appear to be things that will come good in a few weeks, fingers crossed. No breaks or anything, just roughed up from a hard hit.

As mentioned above we are only a glance away from an accident, and that is what happened to me. I looked at the traffic in the lane next to me for maybe a second, and in that second the car in front had nailed the brakes, as the car in front of her did the same thing. The road was damp and down I went straight into the back of her car, head first. Big hit too, I could easily be dead or in a hospital somewhere. But I just got straight up after about 10 seconds. Bloody lucky.