General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

oops

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Back Marker

05xman is on a distinguished road
oops

Well I low sided the hawk this morning on wy way to work. A SUV in front of me decided to slam on their brakes for a yeild sign with no one else on the raod. I guess I grabbed a little to much front brake and slid under the vehicle. Then they took off, another truck came up behind me and literally drove around me while I was picking my bike up. All I gotta say gear works, scraped up the glove and boots and put a small burn in the pants and jacket. Some scatches on the plastic and pipe and a broken turn signal.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Back Marker

supertwinSH is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear that....but at least your OK! You can always fix the hawk....but not always yourself. You get to live to ride another day!
Old 03-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Back Marker

05xman is on a distinguished road
Yeah I picked her up and rode to work.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:21 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Dam Dude! Glad you're Ok. At least they stopped for mine! Guys jumped out and helped me move the bike off the road. Marm has it right - rush hour/commuting cannot be taken lightly. The assumption they make is that you're more maneuverable so it's your responsibility to drive around them. If it was automatic vehicular-assault charges everytime a cage takes down a biker and it was vigorously enforced - attitudes about sharing the road would improve. If they can ban drunks they can ban stupid ******* in cages.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:22 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Ugh! That's horrible that the other vehicle behind you didn't even stop to help. Maybe they were running off to get the other vehicle's plates...?
Old 03-05-2007, 05:57 PM
Superstock

Scumbag is an unknown quantity at this point
still...its all leaving the scene of an accident...not good

glad you had gear
Old 03-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Superstock

HRCVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
Man, they sure are a lot of Superhawk vs Car accidents lately ! As much as I would like to ride mine during the week its probably a good thing I dont . (not by choice I have to work out of a mobile Van) Its just to hectic out there at morning rush hour ( only thing people pay attention to is not spilling there coffee and how late to work they are !) Everyone be careful out there , its like they are out to get us. LOL
Old 03-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
they don't think we're more maneuverable. they aren't out to get us.
THEY DON'T SEE US !
Be seen. Be aggresive. It's better to tick them off a little than not be noticed.
As I always say 'the best defense is a good offense...and I'm a very defensive rider.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:28 AM
Back Marker

Darkone22 is on a distinguished road
yeah the nerve of some people. How hard would it have been to stop and ask if u need to use the phone or something. i know u all have cellphones dont leave home without one. now days. But it would not hurt hem to ask and the guy that u hit i would try to find hem at a latter day and time. But u dont have to pay hem tho so that ones on the + side
Old 03-06-2007, 05:36 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
I thought Round Rock was a quaint little town where very one loved everyone????

The guy I bought my SH from lives in RR.

Any way, +1, glad your ok, and the bike was not to beat up.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:37 AM
Back Marker

supertwinSH is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 with what Birdoprey said!
Old 03-06-2007, 05:44 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Glad you are OK and the bike wasn't that banged up!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:13 AM
Back Marker

Nanotech is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Birdoprey
they don't think we're more maneuverable. they aren't out to get us.
THEY DON'T SEE US !
Be seen. Be aggresive. It's better to tick them off a little than not be noticed.
As I always say 'the best defense is a good offense...and I'm a very defensive rider.
+1

Glad your OK! Don't like hearing about these things, but they keep me thinking every time I ride that it could be me if I'm not 100% on my game. The weather is still lowside territory here since there is lots of gravel at intersections and cold tires are hard to warm up.

The aggresive/defensive thing is starting to be the way I ride. THe closest calls I have had is when tooling around quietly. Also, I believe in 5-10 mph faster than the flow of traffic (where appropriate)....seems to be much safer even if it warrants the occasional ticket.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:28 AM
Squid

V-Raptor is on a distinguished road
Yep, definitely glad you made it through ok. Preach on brother about the gear. I cringe everytime I see a squid fly past me on the freeway with no helmet and a t-shirt. Also good to hear the 'Hawk isn't in too bad of shape.
The level of "*******" status achievable by other drivers out there doesn't really shock me anymore. Nowadays, when I witness the f**kheadness, I'm just more prone to momentary, apathetic whining something along the lines of "that **** just ain't fair". lol
On the flip side, I was once rear-ended (in my car), badly, by a giant *** caprice and the bastards backed up and ran. My son happened to be in the back seat and was in shock (wound up in an ambulance but turned out ok). A biker who was also at the light saw the whole thing and he took off after them! He returned shortly, with a license plate # and said the runners turned around and tried to run him down but he was able dodge them. My level of respect for 2 wheel riders skyrocketed since then simultaneously dropped to zero for the cage drivers.

Best luck getting the bird shined back up again.

G.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:02 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, pal... glad you're ok & the bike's good to go.

I'm down with riding somewhat aggressively... I'd say assertive, but same idea.

Major rule for me is no tailgating (not implying 05xman was, btw). A: it's dangerous to me. B: it's irritating as hell. C: If I have some space in front of me, it easier to prevent getting rear-ended.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:06 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by V-Raptor
A biker who was also at the light saw the whole thing and he took off after them! He returned shortly, with a license plate # and said the runners turned around and tried to run him down but he was able dodge them. My level of respect for 2 wheel riders skyrocketed since then simultaneously dropped to zero for the cage drivers.
G.
Ya gotta love that!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:38 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Good thing you're ok mate, and the bike is not badly damaged. Traffic is a worry for sure. I am looking forward to the day I don't have to ride to work, and can just enjoy my bikes on the weekend.