General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Thanks to our Service Men and Women

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 05:11 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Thanks to our Service Men and Women

After thirty minutes of sitting here trying to be creative, humorous, or otherwise - I am a failure at being anything other than thankful.

I thought about what my Dad would say . . . I thought about what my drunk uncles would say between shifts at the bomber factory. . . I thought about my high school pals in Vietnam. . . My crazy engineer friends from the range . . . Members and Moderators and Administrators of our forum who are active and have been. . . to all of you - THANK YOU!

Godspeed!
Old 05-28-2007, 06:08 AM
Back Marker

steener is on a distinguished road
I agree, a big "Thank You" to all that have served our country and protected our freedom.....
Old 05-28-2007, 08:35 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=nuhawk;54708]After thirty minutes of sitting here trying to be creative, humorous, or otherwise - I am a failure at being anything other than thankful.
QUOTE]

Well, that's an excellent start. To which I submit one of the most quoted (and rightly so) speeches of our time.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation, so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate—we can not consecrate—we can not hallow—this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us — that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion — that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain — that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom — and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Abraham Lincoln
November 19, 1863
Old 05-28-2007, 09:21 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you to all who have served... & especially those who have faced & are still facing danger on our behalf.

And to Drew particularly; look forward to meeting you @ next years rally.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Señor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
All said better than I could, so.. thanks again.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Very fitting Bling!

To all my brothers in Arms, to those living and those passed on, to those that have and will sacrifice so much, to there families, to the boys that still carry the torch of freedom.... I salute you today and everyday!!!
Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard!...Thank You!!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Thanks guys. Makes me want to go to work...almost.

It's a different Navy than the one I joined 15 years ago - much more political and PC these days. Not quite as much fun or laid back.

[edit] I'm thankful that I'm still in though. Your support and the support of Americans throughout our great country is what sometimes gets me through those rough days.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Back Marker

timdske is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Thanks guys. Makes me want to go to work...almost.

It's a different Navy than the one I joined 15 years ago - much more political and PC these days. Not quite as much fun or laid back.
Have you spent anytime out west or have you always been an east coast
sailor? I noticed a change with the NEW Kinder Navy. That's why I got out
10 years ago...
Old 05-28-2007, 07:46 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Always been Atlantic Fleet.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:54 PM
SuperSport

kai ju is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by kickinchicken996
Very fitting Bling!

To all my brothers in Arms, to those living and those passed on, to those that have and will sacrifice so much, to there families, to the boys that still carry the torch of freedom.... I salute you today and everyday!!!
Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines...Thank You!!!!

Hey guys, please don't forget the Coast Guard on this day.
The USCG is still part of our Armed Forces and they save lives every day.

Kai Ju
Old 05-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Administrator
World Champion

I just wanted to add:

The real thanks goes out to those service members who have suffered and given the greatest sacrifice of all - the POW/MIA and those lost in wars present and past. On ships, in the mess hall and at military dining functions, we have a small table set for one, flanked by the American Flag and the POW/MIA flag. There is a meaning behind this table and the way it is set:

The military caste is filled with symbolism. This table is our way of symbolizing the fact that members of our profession of arms are missing from our midst. They are commonly called, POW/MIA. We call them brothers. They are unable to be with us this evening and so we remember them because of their incarceration:

This table set for one is small, symbolizing the frailty of one prisoner alone against his oppressors. Remember!

The tablecloth is white, symbolizing the purity of their intentions to respond to their country's call to arms. Remember!

The single rose displayed in a vase reminds us of the families and loved ones of our comrades-in-arms who kept the faith awaiting their return. Remember!

The red ribbon tied so prominently on the vase is reminiscent of the red ribbon worn upon the lapel and breasts of thousands who bear witness to their unyielding determination to demand a proper accounting of our missing. Remember!

A slice of lemon is on the bread plate to remind us of their bitter fate. Remember!

There is salt upon the bread plate symbolic of the families’ tears as they wait. Remember!

The glass is inverted, they cannot toast with us this night. Remember!

The chair--the chair is empty--they are not here. Remember!
Old 05-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Back Marker

midijunky is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
I just wanted to add:

The real thanks goes out to those service members who have suffered and given the greatest sacrifice of all - the POW/MIA and those lost in wars present and past. On ships, in the mess hall and at military dining functions, we have a small table set for one, flanked by the American Flag and the POW/MIA flag. There is a meaning behind this table and the way it is set:

The military caste is filled with symbolism. This table is our way of symbolizing the fact that members of our profession of arms are missing from our midst. They are commonly called, POW/MIA. We call them brothers. They are unable to be with us this evening and so we remember them because of their incarceration:

This table set for one is small, symbolizing the frailty of one prisoner alone against his oppressors. Remember!

The tablecloth is white, symbolizing the purity of their intentions to respond to their country's call to arms. Remember!

The single rose displayed in a vase reminds us of the families and loved ones of our comrades-in-arms who kept the faith awaiting their return. Remember!

The red ribbon tied so prominently on the vase is reminiscent of the red ribbon worn upon the lapel and breasts of thousands who bear witness to their unyielding determination to demand a proper accounting of our missing. Remember!

A slice of lemon is on the bread plate to remind us of their bitter fate. Remember!

There is salt upon the bread plate symbolic of the families’ tears as they wait. Remember!

The glass is inverted, they cannot toast with us this night. Remember!

The chair--the chair is empty--they are not here. Remember!
This has been a tradition in my family ever since I can remember, my grandpa was a navy man as well, as were 3 of his sons. I would have been had I not injured my knee in high school playing ball. I wanted to be a seal since I was about 10 years old, but I suppose it just wasn't meant to be.

Our soldiers, serving at home and abroad or ones that are "out on patrol", have my deepest respect and I salute you all for protecting us and our country. Thank You.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:27 AM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
here, here...to all the forces
Old 05-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kai ju
Hey guys, please don't forget the Coast Guard on this day.
The USCG is still part of our Armed Forces and they save lives every day.

Kai Ju
Correct you are, post fixed!
Old 05-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Superstock

kmm996
Thank you to all of our troops and Coast Guard. We can't express enough gratitude for your work and sacrifice. To the ones stationed over seas in hostile areas, Be Safe, Be Careful. And again to all those serving and/or have served THANK YOU.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Just coming back from a 3 day patrol See this thread pop up...... < very nice//.. I smell of,, well of things left for dead, I've slept for just a few hours in three days, I walked many thousands of meters across broken terrain in mid day heat, with full kit. I will sleep well tonight, not because I am exhausted, and have to get up early to start planning our next mission, but because of those at home, standing behind us here. Not afraid to say, We support the soldiers, if not the Country. Not afraid to tell some loud mouth, ***** badmouthing my family, my soldiers, My friends, with me now, and those I sent home early to STFU.

it's 2108 here now, the debriefs are done, food can wait till morning, a quick shower, and time to hit the cot. I'll sleep well tonight..

Thank You.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Superstock

kmm996
I want to try to get to the SHOG Rally next year, and I hope you guys serving now can make it also just so I can meet you guys face to face and shake your hand, have a drink and thank you in person. Once again THANK YOU.