General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

sv650s vs honda f4

Old 07-09-2005, 07:36 AM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: sv650s vs honda f4

Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot
I had a rule when I lived in Conn. 50f or above we ride anything elese is too cold.

Now that I live in FL. it's 60 or above the blood has thinned out since moving!!

Also riding weather is backwards here can't ride as much in summer due to extreme heat and rain!! But that leaves the rest of the year!!
when i first got my mc license at 16, i lived in prescott az. the average winter temp during the day has got to be around 30-40 degrees..... brrr! factor in the wind chill and late nights, coming home from work. it would be in the teens somtimes. still... i rode everyday, god i love two wheels!
but like you said... pretty much anything around 50f is uncomfotable...
Old 07-09-2005, 08:40 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I think we were all young and dumb at one time or another. I went out on a cold april night in Conn. when I still had my learners permit,(that's a no no boys and girls,). It was about 40 and I had like 4 layers of shirts and my leathers on. I was about 5 miles from home when I came off the exit ramp from the highway I opened the throttle too fast and because of cold tires and pavement it lowsided on me.
When I came down I put my left arm out (don't try this at home kids) always tuck and roll I learned on the dirt but for some reason forgot to do it. Broke my collar bone and didn't even know untill I tried to pick the bike up.
Picked the Nighthawk up with one arm,(adrenaline does wonders) droped on it's other side. Picked it up again, (oh yeah did I mention person in car watching the whole time ) rode it home couldn't find neutral on the way down the hill we called a driveway so slammed into garage door! Finnally got inside and had to take off all the clothes I had on(owww). I was fine until I had to go see what it looked like in the mirror, that's when I almost passed out after seeing the bone through the skin!! it was almost breaking through the skin, it was so tight the skin was almost trasparent and I could see the jagged edge!!
Long story even longer, I went to the hospital and they asked how it happened so I told them. When I got home there was a state tropper waiting for me in the driveway!! So I had to lie and say it happened in the afternoon, he said,"you waited 3 hours before you went to the hospital?" "I had to wait for my ride sir."
Two leassons there low speed crash tuck and roll and when addressing an officer of the law it's always yes sir no sir you'd be amazed at the end results.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point

That is a sharp looking CBR. In the pic the colour reminds me of the titanium colour XX (blackbird)

Keep the paint how it is. Matte black is the look for a rat, or project bike. That CBR looks good as is!

Nice score kat
Old 07-09-2005, 07:10 PM
MotoGP

That was nothing, I've got lost of war stories bike and non-bike related, really had no fear as a whipper snapper like you!!

Truth is I'm lucky I made it to a ripe old age of 35.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Squid

v2weapon
Only the good die young.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:12 PM
MotoGP

Everyone used to tell me I'd be dead before I was 25, I've been kinda wandering around waiting for the last ten yrs.

Your right though, my luck I'll live until I'm 110 craping my pants and hopeing the angel of death would finally come get me!!!

By the way I got the pipes on Fri. you weren't kidding those cans are thrashed! The pipes are a lot skinnier then the 2 bros. it totally changed the sound of the bike.

It looks nice and I didn't notice much power loss by seat of the pants though. I might keep the standard mounts for 2up with the wife if she ever gets on again,(paranoid we'll both get killed at same time and leave the kids orphaned.)
Old 07-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Squid

v2weapon
Here's a heaping helping of irony; I bought a TBR carbon fiber low-mount system to replace those poor thrashed Jardine pipes from another forum member. I just got that system bolted up a couple weeks ago, and last week bought a mint RC-51 exhaust from a buddy for basically a six pack and a pizza. I'll try it out when I get my RC-51 Sharkskinz, but I'm about ready for something quieter. Loud exhaust+arrest-me red paint=a constant Metro Police tail. Not good.

Replacing a kick-*** carbon fiber free-flow system with a bone-stock set of RC cans? That's when you know you're getting old. I blame Superbling.

Glad the high-mount system worked out for you. Now if I could just stop throwing money away on high-end parts when the parts I really want are in the dumpster.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:00 PM
MotoGP

If your looking to unload the 2 bros. I know inderocker is looking for that exact setup.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Squid

v2weapon

Click your ruby slippers together and repeat after me, Kathryn.

"Ebay is my friend."
"Ebay is my friend."
"Ebay is my friend."

Now enter the words "honda cbr exhaust" in the SEARCH box at http://www.ebay.com and watch the magic happen!

Now you owe me big for these secret magic words of wisdom.