General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Superfast Turn Signal Blink!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 02:54 PM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
Superfast Turn Signal Blink!!!

Hey all....

Had the HAWK out for a quickie ride while we hit a stretch of low 40's in the NYC area (Whoo Hooo Heat Wave!!!) Anyway... my leftside turn signals are blinking really fast, (right side normal speed) which I thougt meant one of the signals (bulbs) was out... but in usual fashion, both left sides are fine leading me to wonder what the hell is goning on... I checked the wires, but haven't found anything wierd.... anybody have this happen to them as well?

And before I hear the check the RR... I replaced it 6 months ago, but I guess that doesn't mean crap with this bike.... so if you think that might be the case, let me know so I can ship it back while it's still under warranty.

J.

Also... funny the signals are giving me trouble... I just picked up a set of stock Yamaha R1 signals which look much cooler than the VTR stockers, and much safer than the Flush LP's my bike came with... just mocked up the front attachment and mounted it... they look great, I'll send pics once i have them on.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:41 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Superfast Turn Signal Blink!!!

When I wired up my LP flushmounts the first time, I wired them wrong. They blinked really fast and extra bright. Seemed good to me so I went with it thinking thats just the way the new lights are.......until they melted. Maybe you wired up your new lights wrong.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:06 PM
faz
Superstock

faz

did you change a light bulb in them recently??

usually the frequency of the signals is based on the resistance of the light. aftermarket lights/signals usually result in different frequency.

you didn't mention changing the bulbs in your post, so I assume you didn't, in which case I am interested to know what was causing it, when you find out.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:41 PM
SuperSport

I figured I might confuse some in my first post.... I didn't change/touch a thing on the blinkers since I purchased the bike. I left for a ride today... everything working fine, on the way back the left side started flashing fast, so I figured I blew a bulb out. But when I got home, the front/back are working. The fronts are LP Flush mounts, and the rears are also flush, probably an EMGO part or something of the sort.... they've worked fine for a year, so I have no clue what's going on.

I'll buy some bulbs and reconnect all the wiring when I get a chance.... I have a feeling this is gonna be an annoying type of thing to figure out....

J.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:12 PM
Back Marker

call me phil

slow hawk--i had the same problem with mine this last fall--direcs were great until it got to around 35-40 degrees--i found my problem to be large amounts of corrosion at my right directional ( my right side blinked way too fast) i cleaned the connections, i have lp flushmounts, and there doesnt seem to be anymore problems. and yesterday was a great day to ride!
Old 03-17-2005, 10:01 AM
SuperSport

Hey all....

Thanks for the responses.... I had a some time today and went out and found the problem... seems like one of the connectors was a little loose, I'm also sure the cold weather probably added a bit to do with it being loose (shrinking the connector). Once I cleaned it up with some sand paper and bent it a bit, they worked just fine... bulb actually looks to be a bit brighter as well, but it's hard to tell with the tinted flush mounts up front.

Going to be hooking my R1 signals up in the next week or so... once i get them moutned all around I'll post a few pics, to me they look so much better than the stockers, they have the same shape/feel as the mirrors and air intake in the front.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

J.