General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Stock bars...

Old 08-25-2017, 11:43 PM
Squid

KLR996 is on a distinguished road
Stock bars...

Am I the only one who doesn't hate 'em? I've ridden (a previously owned version of) this bike with Heli's and they were pretty good. My hands still went numb from time to time, but pretty comfortable.

Having taken a few weeks to commute and put my new, lower mileage (more stock) 'hawk through some 2-4 hour rides through mountain twisties... I don't get what all the fuss is about. I get none of the hand and wrist pain people go on about. My hands don't fall asleep at all.

What's the deal?
Old 08-26-2017, 02:15 AM
VTR virgin
Superstock

Cadbury64 is on a distinguished road
For me the VTR's ergonomic problems relate to a locked-in seat position and high pegs. The seat-bar relationship is actually OK and not much worse than my VFR (but that does have a better seat and pegs). It's a VTR, what do we expect? I have an ST1100 if I need something comfy.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:27 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KLR996 View Post
Am I the only one who doesn't hate 'em? I've ridden (a previously owned version of) this bike with Heli's and they were pretty good. My hands still went numb from time to time, but pretty comfortable.

Having taken a few weeks to commute and put my new, lower mileage (more stock) 'hawk through some 2-4 hour rides through mountain twisties... I don't get what all the fuss is about. I get none of the hand and wrist pain people go on about. My hands don't fall asleep at all.

What's the deal?
The deal is arm length. Monkey boy doesn't have an issue. Or it could be that those that don't complain go everywhere at 80+.

Originally Posted by Cadbury64 View Post
For me the VTR's ergonomic problems relate to a locked-in seat position and high pegs. The seat-bar relationship is actually OK and not much worse than my VFR (but that does have a better seat and pegs). It's a VTR, what do we expect? I have an ST1100 if I need something comfy.
Nice option to have a second (or third) bike. I have to use a cage if I want comfy.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:12 PM
VTR virgin
Superstock

Cadbury64 is on a distinguished road
Actually I do tend to travel exclusively on the open road (and good twisty ones at that) so comfort during freeway droning or city use is less important.