General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Standard bars for the Superhawk?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Squid

thinairflyer is on a distinguished road
Standard bars for the Superhawk?

I'm too darned old (70) to ride leaning forward in the sport bike stance. I still like some power, currently have an '85 Honda V4 Sabre V65 but it is pretty heavy for me to push around. May sell it and move to a lighter bike.

Is it practical to change bars so that you can sit in a standard position and without reaching a mile for the bars? Thanks. If this is the wrong forum for this question please send me to the correct one.

Thanks, L D Walker
Old 03-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
This works as good as any other... Welcome...

There are several options... One being risers and a bar, the other adjustable clip-ons, and the simplest being just higher rise clip-ons...

There are several write-ups with suggestions on what parts work and what doesn't and in what combinations if you search for "suberbike bars" or "risers" in the forum...
Old 03-26-2010, 05:30 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Search for "superbike bars" in the knowledge base and I think you'll find what you're looking for.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Squid

Thanks, found the info! Just one more question.

Thanks, I have now found the info about different and higher bar conversions. My only question now is how far back the bars can be made to come. (pullback) I like to ride with my upper arms barely forward of vertical and my lower arm just about horizontal. I find this the most comfortable on my KLR250 and DR650 that I changed bars on. I'm 5' 8" with normal length arms (about 32") so wonder if I can get the bars this far back on the Superhawk.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
It's fairly cramped if you keep the fairings intact, moving back to much you will hit the tank fairly soon, and going up you will start hitting the controls on the fairing fairly soon too... There is a "sweet spot" up a bit and back a bit that works with most medium hight riser/bar combo's... Other than that you need to cut into the fairing or make the bike naked to have the space...
Old 03-26-2010, 05:46 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
There are several geometries offered. These are like dirtbike bars. They got a whole rack to choose from. Some of the online outfits might give lift and sweep measurements but compared to what? Good luck.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:41 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Inderocker has a set of custom tall clipons for sale on this board. He just added more pics this weekend. These would be perfect for what you need.

I have no interest in his sale. I've just seen lots of questions about this topic, and those are sitting right there ready for shipping and installation.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:45 AM
Squid

Bars

Thanks for all the replies, I was able to actually find a Superhawk to sit on and found there is no way I could get bars low enough and far enough back for me to get comfortable. Will have to explore other bikes or stretch my arms about 6".

L D