General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Spell check

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 10:11 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road

I noticed yours, but not directed at you.

As for the others who say "who gives a ****?" I'd rather be able to quickly read what someone in asking, and attempt to help them as quickly as possible, instead of trying to decipher what they are attempting to write.

Not trying to be the police, sometimes, we all just need a gentle reminder.

Damn grammar police caught me.

VTRFish, please don't even get me started on the people who live here and don't speak the NATIONAL LANGUAGE. Spelling is nothing compared to the pet peeve I have for those people.

28 responses is what happens when I'm with the kids and then replacing the R/R last night. Thanks to those who've posted info about the R1/R6 R/R swap. The SH is back up and running.

5150, if I'm ever out your way, I'll take you up on that offer to ride, and anyone else.

Erik
Old 06-10-2009, 10:14 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by 5150
lol..ok. i am guessing Erik was reffering to me with out being a dick about it. i have made more then one persons head explode with my typing, spelling, grammar, incorrect sentence starting english, no indents, no ' on words that clearly need them, spelling you are as your and knowing full well but not caring, spelling suit as suite and then asking the grammar coach to explain the difference to while i play tetris as he or she rambles on,. lol

Eric if it was me im (i'm) So sorry! if not..lol be warned no to read many of my post unless you have took some relaxation meds and your blood pressure is already really low..cause for sure i will makes you eyes exsploions and you're heart race, you will feel the beer can in your hand begin to collapse wishing it was my neck as your thoughts race on a way to beat the english dictionary and basic high school english class into my thick skull.. but in the end you will have high blood pressure, guilt from failing,,anger from me laughing as i try to put on m most serious face as you educate me..all the while i will be loving every minute of it.. because in the end.. im just not sane..sane enough to care.. and sane enough to see the opportunity to drive you as close to insane as i am so i can not be alone and have a new crazy friend.. muahahahahaahahahaahaha

ohh and one more thing.. can you please send me a private pm on this long post with all the grammer and spelling corrected.. it owuld be really helpfull for me to see a proper example of how to type and all..

lol
Now that's some funny ****, and HELL NO, I won't send you a corrected copy.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:43 AM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

5150 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Erik S.
Now that's some funny ****, and HELL NO, I won't send you a corrected copy.
Erik i hope my sarcasm was coming through on the post. i was totally kidding. I just couldnt resist teasing you man. If it came across any other way i do appologize.

I know you happen to have a very high IQ to be a submariner so it is no shock that spelling would bother you.

but again i just couldnt resist...lol hehehehehe

where you stationed at now?
Old 06-10-2009, 12:47 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/1214577624.html

"surper huk" LOL!!!! itz rite arownd da corna frum me if any1s intrstid
Ah, there's the craiglist i've come to expect.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Superstock

cameron is on a distinguished road
well i cant spell,i cant type,and dont care. i do very little work that that requires me to write or spell correctly. so feel free to skip any post i write up. just a forwarning
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
I hereby lay claim to the 'illiterate alliterative' corner.

Specious spelling, gritty grammar, punk'd punctuation causes dilution of the intent. How the bike is presented presages the view of the owner. Wanta be taken seriously? Don't write like a ******. ('******' is Oz speak for one who abuses himself)

Mostly, while reading these posts, I laugh till I'm limp, but often shake my head and wonder about the writer's sled.
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
luv tha machin' blew paynt skeem chaos.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Long Member
Back Marker

flyin_hawk is on a distinguished road
Erik, I'm with you. I'm amazed how many people on the interwebs don't know the difference between their, there, they're and your and you're. For god's sake people, use a period or a comma too.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:49 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PUSHrod
I hereby lay claim to the 'illiterate alliterative' corner.

Specious spelling, gritty grammar, punk'd punctuation causes dilution of the intent. How the bike is presented presages the view of the owner. Wanta be taken seriously? Don't write like a ******. ('******' is Oz speak for one who abuses himself)

Mostly, while reading these posts, I laugh till I'm limp, but often shake my head and wonder about the writer's sled.
Maybe you should **** more.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:11 PM
SuperBike

Look, I'm not throwing stones at anyone. I read most of the threads, and all of the posts in the thread.

I love to glean knowledge from others, even if they spell poorly.

I'm not trying to be an elitist, or the cops. I just KNOW that it would be easier for myself to understand what is trying to be said if I didn't have to try to decipher it. So, I'm assuming it's the same for others as well. Less time spent deciphering means more time to get to the bike and work on it.

5150, I'm stationed in Groton, CT. Been here for 11 years now. It's not as bad as others say it is.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:26 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
There is a reason I don't text. Mainly because I don't feel I need to, but I also feel that texting is enabling some people to not use correct spelling or grammar. But then, most things ain't the way they used to be.

Having said that, what are you Eric, an English teacher? Just kidding.

I'm married to an English teacher.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 06-10-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:28 PM
SuperBike

Teacher, I've been told a few times that I should have pursued that career.

I'm a Submarine Radioman in the Navy. I type correspondence for the Captain of the ship, and well, you don't want to have to retype a message too many times, and you definitely don't want to take a outgoing message to him with typos.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:28 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Times change - devices are a generation apart. And at an alarming rate. They also have all the same issues that we had when we were young.

Texting to my DIL last month cost me $25. Could get unlimited for $5 but I'm not used to the volume that I get from her - and my son.

I have learned to use the symbol keys to be as exact with my language as possible when we communicate. Months ago I would get the giberish that some tolerate. I don't - for some of us a miscommunicated directive could have huge consequenses.

As I got better with my texting the kids stepped up and have improved their spelling and punc so reading is much easier. Does it take longer? Fukyeah! Text is the biggest waste of time on the planet.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Back Marker

tbartley is on a distinguished road
You so worried about the proper use of English? Start with those who live in this country and refuse to speak the National language......[/quote]

Thank you very much!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:10 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Teacher, I've been told a few times that I should have pursued that career.

I'm a Submarine Radioman in the Navy. I type correspondence for the Captain of the ship, and well, you don't want to have to retype a message too many times, and you definitely don't want to take a outgoing message to him with typos.
I was a Communications Technician with Naval Security Group in the late '60s. I understand they call that rate Crypto Tech now. Kind of similar to Radioman, but we only listened.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:59 AM
SuperBike

VTRsurfer, "R" branch? My dad was on "O" branch CT from 68 to 71. He was in Okinawa on the Joint Forces base there. The Full Bird Colonels radioman, basically.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:36 AM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gregw
Maybe you should **** more.
Besides, is it really "abusing" myself if I like it?
Old 06-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Noob
Squid

SisuHawk is on a distinguished road
VTRsurfer, "R" branch? My dad was on "O" branch CT from 68 to 71. He was in Okinawa on the Joint Forces base there. The Full Bird Colonels radioman, basically.
Yup, and your Granddad was a Radioman on a fleet tug during WWII in the South Pacific. Uncle on the black gang (can't remember rate, probably EM, made 3rd class three times in 4 years) touring with the USS Galveston during the Cuban Crisis/Bay of Pigs. Lotta Navy history here.

Oh yeah, I'm Erik's dad. I was an AF Colonel's crypto op. Radio?? Would that be AM or FM?? **** on the left or right?? Ha Ha

VTRsurfer...You a ditty or chicken pecker?

T.A.M.O.R.I...........remember?

Last edited by SisuHawk; 06-11-2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: additions
Old 06-11-2009, 09:23 PM
supermatt996
Squid

supermatt996 is on a distinguished road
Ok, not singling anyone out.

Call me **** retentive, call me an ******* or say I have nothing better to do at work and I'm typing this. Say what you like.

But for goodness sake, please use the spell check. It will make some of these posts easier on the eyes.

Particularly if you are making a long post.

The spell check button is in the upper right hand corner above the smilies. Time was taken to load this option and make it available to us. In case you don't know what you're looking for, it's the one that has the letters "ABC" with a CHECK MARK under them.

Thanks. Time wasting done now.

Erik
i totaly agree with u i hate it when people **** spel good
Old 06-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Seņor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
If I have to spend three times as long re-reading a sentence as it should take to read once (based on terrible grammar and spelling), I just skip it and pretend they never voiced an opinion. It doesn't happen much, but still.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Seņor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
By the way, I text, and I spell words out. My primary cheats are, "prolly, cuz, btw, fyi." Otherwise, you get full words from me with correct spelling and grammar. No, I don't use "u" instead of "you."