General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

SOLD THE SHIT HAWK! THANK GOD!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Superstock

zxbud is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by wyldryce
Man. Everything about the OP/old owner of your bike screams "Douchebag". I'm glad that you're righting his wrongs and giving this bike the respect and love it deserves. After what you've found on the bike though, you're no doubt going through the whole bike with a fine-toothed-comb. Best of luck. If you need to borrow the service manual or compare anything in question to a good running '98, I'm in West Seattle.
Cheers,
R

Dooshbag? PO said he bought it for $1000 and it was perfect (his words)
and then he/she busted the motor big time put it on Craigslist cuz he/she can't fix nothin and sells it for a huge profit$$$$$$$$$$. He/ she
might be a hairbag or even a nosebag but dooshbag? IDK, can you post a pic?
Old 04-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aja
Sorry to tell you, but you don't have a case. I know because I have taken business contract law classes that were part of my paralegal degree. The sale was private party, buyer beware, with no contract pertaining to the condition of the bike or any warranty. The seller wasn't trying to hide the problems based on his posts, so you cant use that argument either. I would take the money from him before he changes his mind and you ate sol.
Yep! Don't even waste your time with a small claims case. I worked for a bunch of law firms. Even if you win? How are you going to collect once you have a judgment! The only people who make money in law suits are lawyers.

Good luck getting your $140 out of him? I'm betting that won't happen? Craigslist really has to be seen as buyer beware. Unless your some kind of "covert Ops goverment kill team" that can kidnap him in a white van with dark windows, like in the movie "True Lies" and scare the **** out of him.

I'm guessing just put this down to a life lesson, and karma will catch up with the bad seller.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:18 AM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

GTS is on a distinguished road
OK well I got her back on the road tonight! New valve guides, and valves on the itake side of the front cyl. Also did some rejetting. The thing had #50 pilot jets in it! No wonder it popped so bad on decel. It also had 175/178 mains which I wanted to swap for 178/180s but the shop I got my parts from didn't have any of the right jets in stock. I did swap the pilots to #48 and set the pilot screws at 2.5 turns out. I also plugged one of the holes on the front slide. Gotta say the PO didn't know what he was doing by the looks of his threads on here. Now it seems to pull crisp through the power band and no popping on decel where before it'd pop constanty on decel and had some hesitation through the powerband.

Planning a ride today where I'll be able to open 'er up a bit and see what she does and make sure all the hesitations are really gone.

Got to say thanks to Hawk for his carb setup thread. Used the tips in it for setting baseline on the carbs which seems to be working pretty good so far!

Gott
Old 04-29-2012, 05:08 AM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Good to hear you've resurrected so quickly the 'shithawk'. Did you or he get manual CCTs fitted? Is the R/R an early unfinned one or a later upgraded one?
Old 04-29-2012, 06:22 AM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

rz_racer_69 is on a distinguished road
Fantastic news GTS! From the ashes rose the Pheonix!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:35 AM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

Not manual CCT's yet, got paid Friday so I'm getting them ordered up. R/R is the later finned one. I noticed that the first time I had the seat off. I knew they were different from the factory but hadn't seen this one before. I've replaced a handful of those things in the past. They used the same one on several different models. Good to see they finally got an update for them.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:35 AM
Squid

RobtheDrummer is on a distinguished road
The bike is only as good as the rider. Just sayin...
Old 04-29-2012, 08:41 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Poor R6...
Old 05-03-2012, 12:10 PM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

Well as the saga continues, I texed him today to remind him to paypal me the money and of course now he doesn't have it because he is claiming his new bike broke and he's got to pay $600 to fix it so he doesn't have the money. I guess Karma is a bitch! Starting to think small claims court. Figure even if I don't win I can drag his *** in there and make him loose some time at work.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:01 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GTS
Figure even if I don't win I can drag his *** in there and make him loose some time at work.
I'm not sure I get the point, but to each their own...
Old 05-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Don't mean to be rude in anyway, but the only thing that will happen if you open a small claims case is more money out of your pocket and time wasted for you!

One, you have to go to the courthouse file the small claims suit, pay a filing fee. Then have the papers served on the subject (you cannot serve it) then file a proof of service with the court. Then go to court for the hearing/case. He does not have to show up? Your win your case (maybe?) then what are you going to do? Just because you win does not mean he is going to pay you anything? You then have to try and collect that amount from him? Guess what? more time at the courthouse obtaining a judgment, then a abstract of judgment. Ok now what? well you need to find his money? Guess what more time and money? maybe place a lien on something he owns? more time and more.

Private sale, always buyer beware! Unless your bad *** and can go live with threating the person into paying you, or beating the **** out of that person until they pay you? In which case most people will run to the police and your be arrested real quick!

Your **** out of luck! I'm sure the person that sold you the bike is reading all of this thread. Maybe he would like to post a reply to you here? and offer a reply to your accusations?

Yes this all sucks for you. I'm feel sorry for ya.
Yes karma is a bitch, if he/she did the things you say they did, then they will get there's
If not? dark alley, ski mask, no witnesses, baseball bat!
LOL. Just kidding.

Hey its only money in the end.

How is the bike runing anyways? all good now?
Old 05-04-2012, 01:43 PM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
I can tell you how to make your own ccts out of the stock units for under $10 if you have a drill press or know someone who does. It's as easy as drilling a hole, tapping threads, and installing a carriage bolt. I've had mine on since November and they're great, plus I saved $100 by not buying apes or kreigers (theres absolutley nothing wrong with either of those, and you can choose a pretty color).