General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

sold RC51, kept the Super Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Les
Squid

Les
Wink sold RC51, kept the Super Hawk

Yesterday I sold an RC51 that I picked up about 1 month ago. Yes it's chassis was nicer than the Hawk and yes the engine was a little stronger but it was not as good of a street bike as the Super Hawk. Mainly because it was much more uncomfortable than the Super Hawk. Give me the RC51 for a race track but for the street I'll take my Super Hawk and I ride on the street not a track. So if you're feeling a little inferior to that guy on the RC51, don't because he's just a wannabe on a repli racer. Know that you're not pretending to be anything but a street rider.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:47 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Good for you. I had a '00 ZX12 in the garage for about a year beside my superhawk. And truthfully it did almost everything better than the superhawk-it was gorgeous with that metallic green paint, more comfortable, oohfah-made about 70 more hp (it wasn't stock), and the brakes were amazing. Handled pretty good for a big bike too. Well I sold it and kept my superhawk. I do miss rolling onto the throttle of the big kawi (by the way the new ZX14 is ugly) but the superhawk is my baby.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:11 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Welcome to the club. I did the same thing two years ago, except I bought the 1000RR to replace it. The RC is a great bike at the track, but for the street it sucks. Maybe if I'd kept it stock it wouldn't have been as bad, but I can't leave anything stock!
Old 08-18-2006, 07:50 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
"I can't leave anything stock!"

I beleive they refer to theis condition in medical circles as "chronic moditosis", it seems quite prevalent in these parts, lol

cheers
Mikstr
Old 08-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
"I can't leave anything stock!"

I beleive they refer to theis condition in medical circles as "chronic moditosis", it seems quite prevalent in these parts, lol

cheers
Mikstr
1968 Mustang with a 427CJ
1978 VW , Cut to a Baja, Bus Transaxle, 1800CC motor swapped in
1979 Chevy Monza, with a HO 350 swapped in.
1978 Bronco, non stock front to rear
1984 CJ5 non stock front to rear, raced twice in AU
2003 F350, PSD with an extra 210 HP from tweaks and MOD.s
2005 Mustang, It was stock,,,,for about 2 hours after I drove it off the lot

2003 DRZ 450....... I think the gear shifter is still stock???
1998 SH.. Started stock 3 months ago when I bought it.. Not stock no more,, and Modding more every week.
Many others over the years,,

DO I have chronic moditosis?
What is the cure?
I think I read something about large bore IV transfers to local bank accounts.. from wealthy donors... Seems to alleviate the stress of the disease. Any one here want to donate?????
Old 08-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Squid

miken996
Originally Posted by Les
Yesterday I sold an RC51 that I picked up about 1 month ago. Yes it's chassis was nicer than the Hawk and yes the engine was a little stronger but it was not as good of a street bike as the Super Hawk. Mainly because it was much more uncomfortable than the Super Hawk. Give me the RC51 for a race track but for the street I'll take my Super Hawk and I ride on the street not a track. So if you're feeling a little inferior to that guy on the RC51, don't because he's just a wannabe on a repli racer. Know that you're not pretending to be anything but a street rider.
I guess you mean me right well let me set the record straight I don't pretend to be anything I don't race and I never said I did however I do watch. I commute and yes I do it on my RC51 I avegrage about 7000 miles a year on what ever bike I have can you beat that Mr. street rider oh and by the way just finished a 3 1/2 day 800 mile ride through south west colorado a ride I do once a year on top of commuting and I did it all on my RC51 so yah I guess I am a street rider but then again if you think about it the RC51 is a STREET bike last time I checked. I'm am glad you hated your RC51 and would like to state the obvious reasons you hated it . Just because whats good for you doesn't mean its good for me or anyone else. I'm not tring to make anyone feel inferior here I have wanted a RC51 since they came out and I finally got one what the hell is the big deal. sheesh let it go man!! I still have my dam superhawk I personally prefer the RC51. So that makes me a repli racer huh, maybe you will see me in AMA soon because I ride a RC51. grow up!!
Old 08-19-2006, 07:21 AM
Les
Squid

Les
No disrespect intended miken996

miken996,

Good points Man and I didn't mean to knock RC51 riders. Maybe it was seller's remorse. Maybe I'm just bummed that the guy who bought it was a punk who test drove it in baggy jeans, no helmet or eye protection (although it was offered) and did about 60 mph in my neighborhood. Glad to hear that you are in good enough shape to sport tour on an RC51. My aplogies.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:04 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Just as with a lot of issues in life, both of you (Mike/Les) have valid points.

The RC was designed for the track (it's an RC folks). Can you ride it on the street? Yup, if you want. There, everybody happy? :-)
Old 08-19-2006, 12:32 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point
Two different bikes for two different styles of riding. One's only better than the other for the type of riding you do.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by miken996
I guess you mean me right well let me set the record straight I don't pretend to be anything I don't race and I never said I did however I do watch. I commute and yes I do it on my RC51 I avegrage about 7000 miles a year on what ever bike I have can you beat that Mr. street rider oh and by the way just finished a 3 1/2 day 800 mile ride through south west colorado a ride I do once a year on top of commuting and I did it all on my RC51 so yah I guess I am a street rider but then again if you think about it the RC51 is a STREET bike last time I checked. I'm am glad you hated your RC51 and would like to state the obvious reasons you hated it . Just because whats good for you doesn't mean its good for me or anyone else. I'm not tring to make anyone feel inferior here I have wanted a RC51 since they came out and I finally got one what the hell is the big deal. sheesh let it go man!! I still have my dam superhawk I personally prefer the RC51. So that makes me a repli racer huh, maybe you will see me in AMA soon because I ride a RC51. grow up!!
Wow! Didn't we get all defensive all of a sudden. I don't think it was aimed directly at you Miken996. Les did apologize, so all is good.

P.S. Punctuation and capitalization make it a lot easier to read.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:39 PM
Squid

miken996
Thank you for all the positive criticism stumbled across this sight about a year ago have had my superhawk close to 3 years and 23000 miles before that its time for a change. I have always tried to be helpful to those who need it I am staying hear because the speedzilla forum is full of a bunch of *** hats and RC51 gods it makes me want to puke and would never consider posting their. No one and I mean NO one tells me how to ride my bikes. Is full of a bunch of *** munches that all jump on the band wagon of the senior members it really is quite entertaining to see a noob transform his thought process after he has just be shot down by GOD(members with over 1,000 posts). Its like they treat the RC51 like its ducati like, the carnal sin OH MY GOD YOU DID WHAT A WHEELIE you dont deserve and RC51 and when I see you I will follow you and kick the sh--t out of you and take your bike. Give me a brake what else would you expect from a bunch of dumb asses willing to pay 20 bucks a year to be a member of an all inclusive rogue site (NO SQUIDS)Hosted by the biggest *** in motorcycling. anyways thank you for your open mindenss superbling sorry for the rant les and Engine I'm sure your gonna read this i apologize to you as well if I have offended you in anyway. I still think the superhawk is an incredible bike and always will.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:03 PM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 on the Speedzilla and Rogue forums.
Now don't start that here!

I don't have my VTR any more. I rode an RC and liked it. Almost bought it. Couldn't afford it after building my VTR and smashing it. I did like the midrange on the VTR better.

I'm still here because I like this place.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RCVTR
+1 on the Speedzilla and Rogue forums.
Now don't start that here!

I don't have my VTR any more. I rode an RC and liked it. Almost bought it. Couldn't afford it after building my VTR and smashing it. I did like the midrange on the VTR better.

I'm still here because I like this place.

You don't have a Hawk anymore? Then get the %$@* out!!!!!!!

Just kidding...LOL:-D
Old 11-17-2006, 09:08 AM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Moderator!!!
Are you going to allow this kind of language on a family site!!
Old 11-17-2006, 06:36 PM
Administrator
World Champion

NO, actually I'm not. That's a little over the edge. Please refrain.

Thanks,

Mod
Old 11-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Back Marker

vitter is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by miken996
what else would you expect from a bunch of dumb asses willing to pay 20 bucks a year to be a member of an all inclusive rogue site (NO SQUIDS)Hosted by the biggest *** in motorcycling.
haha, so true, I think we had to ban him from cycleforums.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Who? LDH? Actually Mike is a pretty straightforward kind of guy. I spoke to him on the phone a couple times. Fairly nice guy. Maybe a little into himself and cannot admit to ever being wrong, but not that bad really.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Superstock

woodman
I had a SH and a RC51, I kept the RC51. The SH is a good bike but I liked the RC better. I did some mods to the SH and some mods to the RC51. The RC just has more power, better handling, better brakes and for me is more fun to ride. I put heli bars on the RC and that improved the comfort immensely. Tried the Corbin seat but that did'nt help much so I sold it.

Yes Speedzilla is full of smart a**es. The members of this site are much friendlier and helpful.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Back Marker

vitter is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Who? LDH? Actually Mike is a pretty straightforward kind of guy. I spoke to him on the phone a couple times. Fairly nice guy. Maybe a little into himself and cannot admit to ever being wrong, but not that bad really.
I think he has toned it down alot since the old days.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Administrator
World Champion

He actually had himself banned from 1000RR.net. He just didn't get along with one of the list owners and said goodbye.

Don't know where he is now.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Superstock

woodman
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
He actually had himself banned from 1000RR.net. He just didn't get along with one of the list owners and said goodbye.

Don't know where he is now.
You can find him on speedzilla and rogue.org. If he has toned it down since the old days he must have been really bad. He recently gave somebody a good flaming on speedzilla for asking a question that he though was stupid.