General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Slight misunderstanding on "duc hunting"

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Shredding Asphalt
Superstock

MisfitToy is on a distinguished road
Slight misunderstanding on "duc hunting"

Soni hear people talk about duc hunting but I thought people where saying deer hunting so last night I nailed my 1st deer. Wow what a mistake! Took the bike out from under me and I slid next to my bike for about 50-70 feet.

Actually I knew what duc hunting was I actually hit the deer on accident obviously. I was on my way home about 5 miles into my 45 mile ride home when i see one deer on the side then wham! Brown blur and I'm on the ground. Killed the deer he crapped all over the bike luckily I had some friends going out to the feild and a corpsman buddy stop cleaned up and wrapped up my road rash another buddy cleaned the deer and threw it in his hmmv. They tried to talk outa it but I rode home. So damage..
Plastics broken right radiator slightly dented left bar and lever bent shifter bent front wheel dinger I think (no cracks)

I guess it was bound to happen I have 55k on my bike 30+ I did but I already got it torn apart an I'm going to have to go naked with it :/ oh well so if anyone has a bucket headlight or some extended lines that would help.
And happy birthday to myself!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Superstock
Superstock

wyldryce is on a distinguished road
Eeks! Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad you are relatively ok. I gotta say, that's one of the better outcomes for a deer collision story I have heard. Heal up, and make a hell of a nekkid bike out of her!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:23 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Glad you're pretty much okay. Did that happen on Pendleton?

That sucks about your bike, hope you get it set up soon. I had a very close call with a 6 or 8 point buck about 2 years ago.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Next time shoot it instead, less of a mess... I have taken one in half with a CBR 600... The bike took me home with a bent fork (no cell reception) but I prefer not doing it again...
Old 07-16-2010, 10:43 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Glad you are OK!

Sounds like you followed Galaxieman's path too closely: https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=19055
Old 07-16-2010, 11:31 AM
Superstock

pwshadow is on a distinguished road
Yeah you've gotta be careful. I've never seen any species of hawk listed as a natural predator for a deer.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:05 AM
Shredding Asphalt
Superstock

well the hawk rode home and so did the deer but gutted and slatted for a bbq. so i guess its a recent development with hawks killing deer. theirs actually a real video on youtube of hawks killing wolfs.... yeah wolfs.

anyways might have a messed up rotator cuff and the road rash sucks. but ive got a few parts up for sale now if you guys want to take a look
Old 07-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Shredding Asphalt
Superstock

so update.

got the bike back together flushing the coolant and all the dot4 crap when i look down and their it is. blinked a few times then squinted really hard but it was still their. a crack in my frame strait down the weld from the top of the headtube down the big spar and into the gusset...... so frames done and bikes not going anywhere.

so buying an rc51 soon and a new frame for the hawk and going to take my time tearing it all down. bikes got 55k on it and could use love
Old 07-22-2010, 09:42 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Damn, that's a bummer.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:59 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
Sucks about the bike bud. I get nervous riding at night here because we run mainly country roads with lots of wild life. Can you weld up the frame and turn it into a track bike?
Old 07-22-2010, 08:19 PM
SuperChicken
Squid

kansersurvivor is on a distinguished road
Deer meat is great, but anytime I've ever seen a deer hit by a vehicle the meat was so bruised and bloodshot, it was pointless to even take the time to load it up and bring it home. Would be better off going to the store and getting a can of .

Glad your ok though and keep us updated on what she looks like with her clothes off!