General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Duc hunting in az

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Squid

DuCaTi_HuNtEr is on a distinguished road
Duc hunting in az

Thats it ladies and gentlemen... Today I nailed my first ducati on the VTR.
Now I've been hunting Duc's for years and I'm always suprised at how they aproach a japanese twin mounted apponent. Today was my first kill on the new vtr(previously I rode a halfabusa) and It was a battle of skills.
So there I am clipping up AZ. state rout 88 on my way to lunch in Tortilla FLat, when out of the blue this dood on a spanking new 1098R comes barrelling past me. Game on, I thought, so I gave chase.
He was good, and that bike is stupid fast. I would pass at the begining of a straight, and he would clear me by the end. But the corners are where I had him. We were both in our street gear and sure wished we had our knee sliders, but dood just couldn't hang in the corners... Lucky for me theres a lot of the on the way to Tortilla Flat. Anyway he turned out to be a really chill fella and was itching to know what kinda bike I had. When he saw my big bird he almost soiled himself, and said that mybe he shoulda bought one himself. Then he looked at his shiny new Duc and said " I will get you next time".

So anyway, I just thought I would share the latest kill with you. And be informed that I always ride with a good amount of gear and never ride in an unsafe manner that would endanger myself or the people i'm riding with. Keep it safe!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:42 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Ooh, that ride is one of my favorites, but on the wrong side of town for me so I don't get to ride it that often.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:27 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
Yet again proof to a certain point rider skill is a much better way to be fast than outright HP. Good job getting the hawk some respect even though its consdered out dated.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:32 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Represent!

Word......

The VTR is a wolf in sheeps clothing on the street. Get the front end stiffer and more compliant, upgrade the brakes, and a real shock and it's nearly the perfect road carver. Nearly.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:08 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superbling
Get the front end stiffer and more compliant, upgrade the brakes, and a real shock and it's nearly the perfect road carver. Nearly.
I dun all that, guess I'm the problem.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:18 PM
MSF RiderCoach
Back Marker

radbikers is on a distinguished road
About a month ago, my nephew rode for the first time with my wife and I on a morning outing. She's on her 07 CBR600RR, me on the Superchicken and my nephew on his 06 GSXR1000. He trailed me into the first corner and I left him there for about the next 1/4 mile... Of course, at the end of that there was nothing but GSXR headlight coming at me in my mirrors... His first words at the next stop were "Holy Crap, that thing's fast out of the corners..." Then he mumbled something about age and treachery.. Good job on the Duc hunting! Ride safe!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:16 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
My riding buddy, other than my wife, has 2 Ducs, an 851 and a 998. We're on the lower semi-straight section of Ortega Highway a couple of years ago when we got separated by a group of cars. He got around on his 998, but it wasn't safe for me. A short time later I got a long straight, passed and caught up with him.

When we got home he said "Wow, how fast were you going when you caught up with me? You were coming up in my mirrors FAST." I told him I only hit 115 before braking. He respects the Hawk.

A number of years ago Kelly Slater proved its the individual, not the equipment, when he took the bedroom door off the house he was staying in on Oahu, paddled out and started riding waves on it.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:42 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gregw
I dun all that, guess I'm the problem.

Sending conflicting messages here Gregw:

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=15847

Old 08-17-2008, 08:54 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Not really, in the other thread I said the bike handled nicely.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:05 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
i used to have one street riding buddy... i really dont ride with anyone now.. ive been trying to hook up AZ riders here.. Anyways , he wasnt a very good rider..he sold his bike with only 1500 miles on it, no scratches or dings, not even a bug ... still had that greasy crap on the new tires.. IT WAS A DUCATI MONSTER996 ..it sounded like a sewing machine. I rode it and it had no power, it didnt give me that feeling i get every time i really get on the throttle on my Superhawk. thats the only duck hunting i can relate to ... one more duck down
Old 08-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Back Marker

Tonyizcool1 is on a distinguished road
Well done Ducati Hunter.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Squid

DuCaTi_HuNtEr is on a distinguished road
Lynchie, you need to come out east a little. Lets go ride the salt river or tortilla flat.