General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

She ran the yield

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Back Marker

Camelninja is on a distinguished road
She ran the yield

Headline says it all.... She ran a yield sign... I hit the brakes, hit her side doing about 12mph on impact, bike went down, I went down. Sore shoulder, sore right hand, burn on right ankle no breaks. The bike.... not so good. Ill load pictures of that after I take some ibuprofen and lay down for a while. The insurance companies are gonna handle it from here. She got a ticket, and she was DEFINATELY at fault... just a shame though cause they're going to total the bike... I just know it.... and those of you who have been following my naked and tail hack threads know that I literally finished making it look nice yesterday.... not a week ago... YESTERDAY! Well, until I can get out to take some pics of the damage Im goingto load up a pic of me with the rescue crew (its a law here that they have to come out no matter what) Cool guys. And yes, I was wearing a helmet, jacket with armor, and gloves... no I was not wearing boots, but only because I was covering for a friend as a PE Teacher today... try not to judge me for the sneaks and the pantalones.
Name:  IMG_20120315_150110.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  107.0 KB
Old 03-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Old and dangerous
SuperSport
SuperSport

rz_racer_69 is on a distinguished road
Very sorry for your misfortune. Glad you were not injured much. Hope the insurance co's work it out well for you.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Wow. That sucks bigtime. But thank God you were only going 12 mph. Bikes can be made again, not so us.

Yesterday a guy a not far from here was killed on an R1 when he T-boned a small SUV at about 100mph. They had to cut the SUV apart to free the driver who was injured bad enough to be hospitalized. But in this case the driver was not at fault. A 25 year old kid made a bad choice and paid the ultimate price.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:18 PM
über-n00b
Superstock

Spoot is on a distinguished road
I had the same type of accident a few years back. I was doing about 40-45.
no lid. (really stupid and will NEVER be without it again!)

I did a superman-type of dismount. broken collar bone that required one surgery to get a plate on it...then a yr later another surgery to get it out of there. I have a nice Ti plate to remember it all by.

You should edit your comments to leave details out of your post just in case you need to pursue any litigation. then when all is said and done, post details.
be sure to follow up with a Dr visit. The other driver needs to stay on the hool until you are completely healthy and verified by a Dr.
YOU are not a Dr!

this is one time of your life when an attorney IS your friend

Heal up quick.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Squid

WordTooYoMamma is on a distinguished road
I had this happen to me as well. I didn't hit her I was along side her throughout the yield trying to restrain myself from jumping inside her window for making me miss my turn and almost killing me.