General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

rc51 mawds take 1 :D

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 06:23 PM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
rc51 mawds take 1 :D

First mod I did was scotts damper which I did about 2 weeks back now. Over the weekend I installed 15t sprocket. That's down a tooth from stock. I always thought rc51 guys were whiney about a tall 1st gear. 1st is so incredibly tall. The 15t will help a lot. I'll prob go +1 rear too for 15/41 which most guys use. I also got a clear zero gravity put on over the weekend and put my speedohealer on. I wired that up over the weekend too. I had to remove my pc3 though. It's throwing an error so it's gonna have to go back to Dynojet. It runs great on the stock ecu though. I have a shim to put on the rear shock.

what she looks like right now. I'm taking my time to clean up the plastics (the backside of them too). I'm going to remove the dunlop stickers and probably the VP racing fuel too. The only stickers on there that are from the nicky set are the HRC, Jardine, and Dunlop ones. The VP ones are on it but they don't match and are pealing. The Dunlop one is pealing too so it's gonna come off. Specially since I have michelins. heh

older pic (strike a pose!)

ok that's it for now. I have a few minor things to take care of like flush mounts and taking out the stupid hotbodies undertail. I plan on sato rearsets before deals gap in May too
Old 04-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Time to update your sig line. :P

Nice lookin' wanna-be Hawk.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Squid

endless is on a distinguished road
Excellent looking SH conversion --- how much does a set up like this cost? Did you do all the wrench-work?
Old 04-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Back Marker

SuperHawkins is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by endless
Excellent looking SH conversion --- how much does a set up like this cost? Did you do all the wrench-work?
That ain't no conversion, that's the real deal baby
Old 04-11-2007, 03:51 PM
SuperBike

heh. I just got the info to send back my pc3 usb. Even though I have a few things to work on, it's nothing major and it's nice having fuel injection and a new bike. the Fuel injection responds great too and it does have lots of power. I do miss the real low end power the superhawk had. I can't power wheelie like I used to. heh
Old 04-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Believe it or not the RC51 has just as much low end power as the VTR. It's just that the front end of the RC is much heavier, and thus harder to wheelie. Of course mid and top end is wayyy better than the VTR too. I think the bike is also a few pounds heavier.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:27 PM
SuperBike

well stock gearing is also a lot taller stock too.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Well, yeah. It is. It's kinda like 1st on the RC is somewhere between 1st and 2nd on the VTR...or putting one of those stunna sprockets on the rear and being in 2nd on the VTR. I really liked the 15t front I had on the RC...when I had the RC. It made it much more rideable around town. It still sucked in traffic and I always had some kind of surging problem between 2500 and 3000rpm I couldn't get rid of. I think it was either a bad PCIII or a bad ECM.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:36 PM
SuperBike

interesting... my pc3 is bad too. sending it back this weekend. on the stock ecm it's running great. I can't wait to take it out with the 15t. I may try your trick of spinning one of the fans around too... hmmm maybe that's tomorrow's project