General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

RC51 Comfort vs SH

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 06:36 AM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
RC51 Comfort vs SH

I posted this on another thread, but figured it wasn't fair to hyjack it...

It's been ages since I sat on a RC. Why exactly is it uncomfortable? Is it the seat, the peg / controls or what?

I'm considering switching to a RC tail end -- still need the seat, but I got everything else from a former lister -- and would like to know what I'm giving up since this is mostly a superficial mod. I'm sure the RC51 subframe is MUCH lighter, but my VTR subframe is cut to pieces from a PO so this is really just me trying to make a plus out of a mnus, if that makes sense.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Superstock
Superstock

wyldryce is on a distinguished road
It's all in the geometry. The RC is a no-holds-barred riding position (though there are more extreme ones out there) with wrists lower, arms reach further, pegs are much higher and further back, and *** is higher. However, for your purposes, re-using an RC tail on your SH shouldn't make a TON of ergonomic different, assuming you keep similar geometry to the SH. Now, whether the parts will support that without a bunch of modifications, I can't say. But as you mentioned, your old setup was modded anyway, so it sounds to me like a worthy effort.
-R
Old 07-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Back Marker

hawkman996 is on a distinguished road
I'm 6' and I find my RC with Kyle clips and gilles rearsets roomier and more comfortable than the hawk.

The gilles rearsets on the hawk definitely helped leg room but overall the RC gave me less "hot spots" of pain. The bars are higher up on the hawk which was nice but like I said overall ergo's I favor the RC the way I have it set up. The stock RC position sucked though and the hawk was more comfortable for sure.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:44 AM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys.

Yeah, the front end of my SH is naked with superbike bars, so I'm most worried about the dished RC seat and inability to move around on the single pad. I also wonder if this will push up the seat height a bit.