General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Possibly the baddest hawk out there

Old 06-17-2005, 12:43 AM
Back Marker

BooYeah
Possibly the baddest hawk out there

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true[web:5dca439491]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4556651540&fromMakeTra ck=true[/web:5dca439491]
Old 06-17-2005, 12:44 PM
Squid

v2weapon
Re: Possibly the baddest hawk out there

Very nice, but not the baddest. My bike, which hadn't set a wheel on anything except a racetrack in over 3 years, came with more motor mods than that one. Moriwaki pistons are lower compression than JE pistons (which is what mine has) and mine also has the Moriwaki Stage 2 cams, and the heads have been flow-benched and hand ported. Plus, that bike doesn't have inverted forks, which are a huge investment toward superlative handling. The Penske shock is good, but he dropped the ball on the front end. For the amount of money that got blown on many of those bits (which make very little difference on the street) he could have done so much more with that bike. I've seen pics of plenty of bikes on this forum that I would buy sooner than that one. Don't get me wrong, it's very nice. Considering opening bid is $6500, and there's a reserve, I figure he's seriously overestimating the value of that bike. "Race bike with a license plate," indeed. Anybody who actually buys and sells motorcycles knows that as soon as a sportbike gets safety wired and turns ONE lap on a racetrack its value gets cut in half. That's how I managed to pick up a 'hawk with $7k worth of motor mods for $3500. I've dropped $2k on lights, brackets, switches, etc to make my VTR street legal. Now THAT'S a race bike with a license plate. 8)

And just so you don't think I'm one of those "MINE IS BIGGER" poseur squid punks, I recognize that mine is definitely not the baddest. There's always somebody faster, or willing to spend more on custom paint, chrome, billet, carbon fiber, or whatever. I've learned the hard way, on the racing circuit, that the best riders on the baddest bikes never overtly advertise. They don't brag, and the bike looks stock...until you race them. Then they take your money and slip away without a word, and little more than a low rumble from their exhaust. Old timers called them sleepers.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:42 PM
Squid

v2weapon
Originally Posted by rc996";p=&quot
Mine's not the baddest either. And anybody who has spent enough time on a track to call himself a racer runs 10-15 seconds a lap faster than me on ANY bike.

But I can ride. My bike is badass. I love to ride on the racetrack. And a built VTR is a GREAT track bike.

True about the front end.
Yours would be one I'd buy before I'd buy that one on Ebay...it's definitely a bad ****. And you spent the money on the right parts to make it faster, not just for the bling brand factor. It's a lot of bloody work to put together a bike like yours. I aspire to that level, but I work too damn much. Keep sending the racetrack pics! 8)
Old 06-17-2005, 06:02 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road

New guy with NO feeback wanting to sell a high dollar (to him anyway) item with a reserve (probably WAY over valued) is not the way to sell on ebay. Who knows, guy might get lucky......

Also: Green? WTF? That's a sure fire way to lose 20 hp and $$$$ in resell!
Old 06-17-2005, 08:35 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point

i like how the turn signals are incorporated into the tail section.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:53 PM
MotoGP

hmmmmm.... wonder why he didn't post the vin #?
Old 06-19-2005, 12:27 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the mirrors. :P
Old 06-21-2005, 06:09 PM
MotoGP

c'mon guys... get bidding... it don't let it slip away!!! hahah
Old 06-22-2005, 01:25 AM
Superstock

Texassuperhawk

decent bike, I like the Wheels. Anyone know where the tail came from. Very cool lookin tail.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Back Marker

icebud

This tail is from JMV concept in France.

http://www.jmvconcept.fr/

I was also very impressed by the great look of this tail and I was ready to buy one last year but unfortunatelly they told me that they don't have in stock and for worse that their mould was too used to be able to make some other. So this tail was discontinuated and this is why I've bought the Mototeck tail kit.

On the other hand, this is strange that this tail is always on their website, maybe they have fix their mould or create a new one!? You can take the chance to contact them. The have also a US distributor http://www.eurobikes.com

Voila... good luck and let us know.