General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

For the people who upgraded, show your SH replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:07 AM
Superstock

redman is on a distinguished road
Here's MY other girl...'cept it's a boy...name's Buster.
Name:  WhiteBuster1small.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  49.9 KB
Old 11-06-2007, 07:38 AM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is my replacement:

Well it would be, if I could find a way to put a picture in. What am I doing wrong? I've tried hosting sites, pasting Word documents with imbedded photos. HOW DO YOU DO IT?

Anyway. I have a 2006 Specialized Enduro, with Fox coil suspension front and rear.

I never thought I’d be a downhill mountain bike rider, but what a hoot! It goes uphill really well too.

Doug, I love that VFR. Of all the bikes here, yours makes me drool. I’ve wanted that V-4 for a while now. Maybe an older one, before the nose got so big and gaudy.

Last edited by RCVTR; 11-06-2007 at 07:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-06-2007, 07:45 AM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by silver98hawk
azzkiker: Nice bike!! What year is it and what kind of undertail is that

Iazn: who's your insurance company? so they work with people who have a few "Youthful Indiscretions" on their driving record?
Thanx man. It is an 04 and that's a Hotbodies exhaust. Sounds badass too, especially at 13000 rpms.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:46 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Ohio Hawk
My Hawk replacement...
Nice bike.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:50 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by RK1
If I was willing to spend the money to purchase, insure and maintain two or three more late model bikes, one of them would be an I-4 SS literbike for sure. But I wouldn't trade my VTR for one.

There's no one bike I'd rather have than the VTR. The fact that I was able to buy mine new for barely half the price of a new R1, 10R etc. is just icing on the cake.
i am sure you would if the R1 cost as much as you sold the Superhawk.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Squid

DBERN
Originally Posted by Ohio Hawk
My Hawk replacement...
hey don do you miss the hawk I have been looking at the RC myself for an upgrade. Is it really that much more uncomfortalbe? how tall are you?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:15 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Let`s see, I am keeping my VTR as I have a new job which allows me to ride and test other people`s bikes, so... Besides, I have enough invested in it now that I could never hope to get it back. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, it runs SO DAMN FINE!!!!

Here are recent pics. The only thing missing are the new (to me) PVM wheels but those will likely wait until the Spring.
Attached Thumbnails For the people who upgraded, show your SH replacement.-lr_17145101_crop.jpg   For the people who upgraded, show your SH replacement.-lr_17145153_crop.jpg  
Old 11-06-2007, 01:33 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by silver98hawk
azzkiker: Nice bike!! What year is it and what kind of undertail is that

Iazn: who's your insurance company? so they work with people who have a few "Youthful Indiscretions" on their driving record?
State Farm, clean record.. Something to do with AZ insurance laws... They literally didn't want to know what kind of bike it was in giving me the quote till they needed to fill out the paperwork to send me the proof of registration. CC's is all that mattered.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:42 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
AZZKIKER;

"...sure you would if the R1 cost as much as you sold the Superhawk."

I'm sure that is true for lots of VTR owners, but not for me. Sure, for the ten or fifteen percent of my riding that is tearing through mountains and canyons, the R1 is a much more capable bike.

For the 85%-90% of my miles which are scooting around town or sport touring, I'd much rather have the VTR. I'd love to have an R1 (and a few other bikes) in addition to, but not in lieu of the VTR.

Look, there's two kinds of guys riding VTRs; Those who really want a 1098, R1, gixxer thou etc., but bought a hawk 'cause it was the hottest bike they could afford at the time.

Then there are guys like me who could afford to buy pretty much any bike they want and really wanted the VTR in the first place.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:25 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by RK1
AZZKIKER;

"...sure you would if the R1 cost as much as you sold the Superhawk."

I'm sure that is true for lots of VTR owners, but not for me. Sure, for the ten or fifteen percent of my riding that is tearing through mountains and canyons, the R1 is a much more capable bike.

For the 85%-90% of my miles which are scooting around town or sport touring, I'd much rather have the VTR. I'd love to have an R1 (and a few other bikes) in addition to, but not in lieu of the VTR.

Look, there's two kinds of guys riding VTRs; Those who really want a 1098, R1, gixxer thou etc., but bought a hawk 'cause it was the hottest bike they could afford at the time.

Then there are guys like me who could afford to buy pretty much any bike they want and really wanted the VTR in the first place.
well put. You are right. In town, I miss the VTR but as soon as I hop on that R1, man, my grin gets bigger an bigger everytime.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:19 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
AZZKIKER;

That R1 is a great bike, still about the best looking sportbike out there. Nice to hear how much you're enjoying it.

When I cash in my California house and move back to the boonies, I'll probably pick one up, along with something like a R1200GS, and a street trackerized Norton Commando, and maybe an old RD400 Daytona Special.

I think with those plus my VTR and '83 Interceptor, I'll be ready for anything.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Back Marker

thegreep
Originally Posted by mikstr
Let`s see, I am keeping my VTR as I have a new job which allows me to ride and test other people`s bikes, so... Besides, I have enough invested in it now that I could never hope to get it back. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, it runs SO DAMN FINE!!!!

Here are recent pics. The only thing missing are the new (to me) PVM wheels but those will likely wait until the Spring.
That right there is one beautiful bike!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Back Marker

Ohio Hawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DBERN
hey don do you miss the hawk I have been looking at the RC myself for an upgrade. Is it really that much more uncomfortalbe? how tall are you?
The Hawk was a great bike and I really don't miss it... the only thing I found uncomfortable was the stock seat on the RC but I fixed that with a Sargent seat and as for height I'm 6'1
Old 11-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Superstock

sprhawk neil is an unknown quantity at this point
azz what's up man nice bike when I get my next street bike we'll have to ride again!!! I was in your town the other night we ended up at sensations or something!!!! I posted my other than hawk pics in a different thread but here they are again
Attached Thumbnails For the people who upgraded, show your SH replacement.-hpim0409.jpg   For the people who upgraded, show your SH replacement.-hpim0408.jpg