General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New VTR owner, have a few q's...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Back Marker

swaptrex is on a distinguished road
New VTR owner, have a few q's...

Well I got the 98 vtr that I posted on here a couple weeks ago, I love it so far.. I got a good deal on it, which makes it even better. It needs a little body work which I am currently working on, want to have it done by next week. My first question is how difficult is it to remove the tank? Is it worth it to just paint it or should I tape it off? I also would like to paint the tank lid, does this come out easy? It looks like just an allen wrench will do for that, but i'm not sure..
I also want to replace the dull light in the "third eye" above the headlight, what works best and will fit this spot. I searched and it looked like a 194 white or amber will suffice?
This is gonna sound dumb, but how the hell do you guys get the handlebar ends off? When I tried they just kept spinning.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Back Marker

badboyrr is on a distinguished road
Pretty simple to just remove tank. Three bolts and I think 3 or 4 petcock lines. Be sure to mark p/k lines prior to removel for re-installation. Tank lid, just remove allen head fastners. I think there is a post on this site that talks about that "third eye", use search mode. Take hold of barend, put a little downward pressure on it, insert crosshead screwdriver and un-screw, should come off. Be sure to apply pressure while un-screwing fastner.