General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Im looking at a hawk and have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:11 AM
Back Marker

F1 Fan in Nascar Land is an unknown quantity at this point
Im looking at a hawk and have a few questions

I currently am looking at a 03 Superhawk, this is one of the left over ones that Honda sent out to dealerships that have 0 miles on them. I have a SV 650S right now and have ridden a superhawk and am fimilier with the bike the questions I have are what the the maintenance costs that come with one of these bikes, when are the recommended mileage dates for service and how much do these services roughly cost. Also is there any other info that may be helpful. Also what is the fuel range on a tank for these bikes I heard its quit a bit less then my current SV, obviously cause the engine is alot bigger, but Im just curious of the fuel mileage.

Thanks for any help and if I have any other questions I will post them.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:33 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Maintainence is low and typical of most honda's. 8K intervals. Check with the dealership YOU would be using for costs. Valve adjustments are the high dollar item but they are pretty stable and not usually out of spec.

90-130 mile range depending on how much and how long you twist the throttle.

Search the forum for TONS of info on this great bike.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:59 AM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
Service intervals for the valve adjustment is just like any other bike, every 16K. The superhawk doesn't really cost any different than any other bike, just like any Honda. Very reliable bike. Check www.micapeak.com under the vtr 1000 for reviews. That's where a lot of owner do write ups on their bikes. Oil changes every 3-4k miles and that's way easier than any other bike because the filter is right there and no need to remove any big fairings. Unfortunately the hawk doesn't have the best fuel range, I get around 100-105 miles per tank (tank is smaller than most bikes though) and i got 120miles with using all the reserve, but remember the smaller tank. It basically is within the fuel consumption range of any liter bike, even the fuel injected ones. Heck I have seen 600s get 120 miles per tank. most Superhawks are trouble and maintenance free. You won't be sorry if you decide on getting one. That torque will put a smile on your face anytime you roll that throttle. Go for it.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:56 AM
Squid

Halbard
Re: Im looking at a hawk and have a few questions

Well... around town, between town runs, I get between 90-110 miles per tank. With long, straight, highway runs... I have gotten 145 (emptying the reserve...) out here in the desert.

Maintenance? cheap. stuff is easy to get to, the farings come off easy, and things are placed right out there for ease of use. ALOT better then the gixxer... just over half the cost on full tune/fluid change. For specifics, check with your local boys.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:15 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Re: Im looking at a hawk and have a few questions

Great bike, tons of fun....I get around 115 miles out of a tank, of course I have never pushed it, so I don't know exactly how many I could get...Easy oil change, brake bleed, and chain tension....the normal all the time stuff.....I will take it to the shop for any engine stuff, cause I am no mechanic.....