General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

new to superhawks and this forum!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Squid

apbrian112
new to superhawks and this forum!

hey guys, just picked up a 98 vtr1000 yesterday. just wanted to say hi and wondering if you could help me out with a couple of questions.
1. best place to purchase front rotors? (mine are slightly warped)
2. how to raise the front end safely to remove the rotors w/o a motorcycle jack (i have a floor jack, will that do?)

here's a link to the bike that i purchased: http://www.socalsvriders.org/forums/...5&pagenumber=1
thanks for any help that you guys can provide. i've already purchased a set of jardine black hi-mounts round (old style) and a acerbis diamond headlight assembly to replace the stock monstrosity. i'll post pics when i get them on there. 8)
-brian-
Old 09-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Back Marker

Utah996
Thats actually pretty clean looking! As for the break rotors....pull the bike into a garage, put some tie straps on the garage raffers...get the front tire off the ground, remove tire, lower bike onto something that will hole the forks off the ground and the header off the ground. Hell I dont really know. Just be careful with her.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:32 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: new to superhawks and this forum!

Straps on the bottom triple tree not the top. You can rent an engine hoist.

There is room for a floor jack and a small block of wood under the oil pan. The block of wood is for the jack to clear the header.

Not sure how safe it is for the bike to be supported on the oil pan though. Maybe someone else knows?
Old 09-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
welcome to the board! Go buy a front stand - it will be money well spent! Remember you cant use a front stand without a rear stand.

EBC rotors are cheaper then stock ones, or just keep an eye out on ebay & check the classifieds here too.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:48 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to the board. Yes it's alright to jack up on the pan that's how I've been doing it for years with my motorcycle jack. But beee careful mine rocks around even on the cycle jack without it tied down. I personally would invest in stands, (you can get front and rear Handy stands for $99), or a motorcycle jack. If you can't afford it rent an engine hoist and use tie downs aroud the sub frame and triples.

If you still need rotors let me know, I've got two straight sets.