General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New superhawk owner.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 04:14 PM
Squid

Sdustin is on a distinguished road
New superhawk owner.

So I traded my first motorcycle that was a Honda vt600 chopped for a busted *** 1998 superhawk. I rode it home while running hot, stupid I know but hey its a Honda. So I ordered the minimum amount of parts to get it road worthy. Headlight and gauges, radiators, grips, throttle and cables. Hopefully that'll get me riding. I will paint the tank and seat fairing, when I do that I'm going to go to manual ccts, as I have questions what subforum is best to get fast answers? Here's a pic as always required. Name:  20160504_111249_zpsvbajaumg.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  281.4 KB
Old 05-07-2016, 06:29 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Decent bike. Looking at the seat, it appears your previous owner was the Tasmanian Devil.

For quick answers use the "General Discussion", but all of us here on the forum would like you to use the proper sub-forums just to keep the data where it should be. Lots of us, like myself just click on "New Posts" anyways, so doesn't really matter what forum you post in. Just ask away!
Old 05-07-2016, 08:37 PM
Squid

Sdustin is on a distinguished road
Cool thanks. And I've already ordered a seat, rads, throttle cables and twist "tube" it has overheating issues due to a crash on the right side. The P.O. used some huge cruiser grips and the throttle wouldn't swing back. My plan is to get it rideable with new gauges, radiators, fork mounted headlight and fix the throttle. I'm also going to fix the leaky forks and perform the manual cct conversion, this is my first sport bike and I want to make sure I like it before I spend the money on fairings and paint.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:25 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

Make sure to also read up on the R/R in the Knowledge Base. Also, Welcome!
Old 05-08-2016, 05:59 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Welcome to our common obsession!
Old 05-08-2016, 06:27 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

When you do the CCT's, use this tutorial. Many have used it and it has lots of pictures along the way.
www.vtr1000.org ? View topic - Manual Cam Chain Tensioner Installation Guide (MCCT's)
Old 05-08-2016, 08:39 AM
Superstock

Fastguy59 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Sdustin
So I traded my first motorcycle that was a Honda vt600 chopped for a busted *** 1998 superhawk. I rode it home while running hot, stupid I know but hey its a Honda. So I ordered the minimum amount of parts to get it road worthy. Headlight and gauges, radiators, grips, throttle and cables. Hopefully that'll get me riding. I will paint the tank and seat fairing, when I do that I'm going to go to manual ccts, as I have questions what subforum is best to get fast answers? Here's a pic as always required.
Welcome to the adventure, they are such great bikes with so much character and soul! Enjoy!
Old 05-08-2016, 04:12 PM
That one guy
Back Marker

Meier Link is on a distinguished road
Welcome! Sounds like you have your head on right for a fun rebuild. The knowledge database here is a great tool with the search option. Congrats on the new to you bike!