General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

NEW Shawk your input please

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 11:28 PM
ziz
Squid

ziz is on a distinguished road
NEW Shawk your input please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As stated i just bough a Shawk, had it 3 months and need to start the mods. Id like to stay fairly cheap but not so cheap its lame.
quest is what are the first easy/cheap mods i can do to improve preformance

exhaust?
airfilter?
sprockets?

im a big guy so torque is good, i dont plan going 150+ to often, but gettting to 100 alot.

please give info on good parts and what your guys have done.

Thanks alot

safe riding
Old 08-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Squid

miken996
Originally Posted by ziz
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As stated i just bough a Shawk, had it 3 months and need to start the mods. Id like to stay fairly cheap but not so cheap its lame.
quest is what are the first easy/cheap mods i can do to improve preformance

exhaust?
airfilter?
sprockets?

im a big guy so torque is good, i dont plan going 150+ to often, but gettting to 100 alot.

please give info on good parts and what your guys have done.

Thanks alot

safe riding
First mod i did to my superhawk was a chain conversion to a 520 I went -1 +2 it will set you back about 150- 200 buck depending on the product you choose I love it. your speedo will be about 10mph optimistic and you will put ghost miles on your odometer without a speedo healer which will set you back another 90 bucks. Don't bother with the air filter stock flows plenty well. Their is enough adjustment with stock jets to get you running well enough with out a 90 dollar jet kit just buy richer or leaner jets from motorcycle shop do not pay more than 8 bucks for them the mains should be all you need. a lot of superhawks seem to run fine with aftermarket exhaust with stock jets but some dont so just be prepared Micro carbon fiber sound awesome btw. Buy a manual you will save so much money doing things your self screw the dealers they dont have a f--n clue. EBC brake pads will transform the feel of the stock setup
Old 08-19-2006, 01:05 AM
Squid

KFRacing is an unknown quantity at this point
I myself, once I get back home from the UAE, will change out the front end. Not just the pads but a set of steel lines also. I will also fix the forks. The bike gets to 100 fast enough with stock pipes but getting back down to 0 is more important to me.