General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

need some input.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Squid

cdsgrafix is on a distinguished road
need some input.

hello all. a newbe on the site. My question is how would your compare the superhawk to a 94 cbr 100f? that was my last bike and Im looking to buy a new one(used). I like the CBR it was very confrontable for me. I changes the sprockets to give more wheelie power but it always seamed heavy. What I am looking to do if I get the SH, is to lower the top end so I can do a little novice low-end stunting,yet still have a great canyon bike. Would I really need to change anything? Ive never rode a super hawk so I cant compare. I have seen the cbr1000f on ebay priced real low and I dont think Id mind getting another one unless I was convinced that The Super hawk was the way to go.
Also, besides r1 fourm.com, any ont know were I could post a listing for custom r1 that needs to be sold? you can see it at www.cdsgrafix.com/forsale
thanks for the help. I like the SH but I still love the CBR1000f.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:00 AM
Squid

miken996
Originally Posted by cdsgrafix
hello all. a newbe on the site. My question is how would your compare the superhawk to a 94 cbr 100f? that was my last bike and Im looking to buy a new one(used). I like the CBR it was very confrontable for me. I changes the sprockets to give more wheelie power but it always seamed heavy. What I am looking to do if I get the SH, is to lower the top end so I can do a little novice low-end stunting,yet still have a great canyon bike. Would I really need to change anything? Ive never rode a super hawk so I cant compare. I have seen the cbr1000f on ebay priced real low and I dont think Id mind getting another one unless I was convinced that The Super hawk was the way to go.
Also, besides r1 fourm.com, any ont know were I could post a listing for custom r1 that needs to be sold? you can see it at www.cdsgrafix.com/forsale
thanks for the help. I like the SH but I still love the CBR1000f.
I have not ridden a 94 1000f but I have ridden a 87 1000 interceptor I can guarantee the superhawk will wheelie easier and will feel much lighter and turn a whole lot faster. the power compared to the interceptor I rode was not even close the superhawk eats it alive but that is in 87 I am sure the power would be close to your 94 1000f but feel a bit diffrent as its a v twin and not a inline. I personally dont think you will go wrong by choosing a superhawk v twins are much more fun to ride in my opinion. The superhawk loves canyons btw!!! That is one sweet R1
Old 08-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
My first new bike was a 94 CBR1000F, red/white/black. Beautiful bike. Comfortable. Fast. And VERY heavy. I first realized it during my first trip to Deals Gap back in 97. The front pushed so bad, and it was really a chore to get that bike back and forth through all 318 turns in 11 miles. It was then I realized I needed something lighter. I chose the Superhawk. I haven't regretted my decision once. I was also extremely happy to get rid of the linked brakes. That was the first gen version and they sucked *** because if you just tapped the rear brake the front dove. For an advanced rider, that can really mess with your mind....and your confidence in certain situations.

Finding a Superhawk to test ride should not be all that difficult. Many dealers will let you test ride used bikes. Depends on their store policy, I guess. Some private sellers will also let you test ride if you have cash in hand.

It's a fun bike. No bike I've ever owned has been perfect, and the VTR is no exception. Stock brakes are a little underpowered. The stock seat blows. Suspension is soft on the front, and the cheap Showa shock out back just screams "Replace Me!". Otherwise, it's more than enough power for the street, is very thin at the waist, has V-twin character, and (once the suspension is set up) the bike is telepathic in the twisties. But if all you do is hang out at the local eatery and pose for chicks this probably isn't the bike to do it on either. If you choose to buy one you won't regret it.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Back Marker

SillyHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
wow thats the ugliest R1 i have ever seen...but maybe try www.craigslist.org
Old 08-19-2006, 04:23 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
OMG!!!!!!! I didn't even check the link until you said something. That thing is sick, and I don't mean the new meaning of "sick". I mean it's hideous! Blah!
Old 08-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Back Marker

RonVTR
Oh.. Oh... Ohhh... I'm going to hurl!
Old 08-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Squid

cdsgrafix is on a distinguished road
thanks for the posts, but how about repling to my question, thats more important than the puke jokes.
thankx
Old 08-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Oh, I'm sorry. Did my post not sufficiently answer your questions? What better response could you have gotten than from a PO of a CBR1000F?

And craigslist is the way to go for selling a bike. Maybe CycleTrader if you want to spend $$.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:21 PM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
I can't even begin to imagine the time that went into that R1....I gotta say DAMN! for the effort....must have taken forever to paint.