General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New member here

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Superstock

VTRDarren
New member here

Hi all..
Just joined up after stumbling on the list during a google search. I'm up here in buffalo, ny enjoying the snow and kerosene fumes while playing in the garage to keep busy until the warm weather arrives ;-) I've done a bunch of mods to my '98, mainly to help me have some fun at track days around the n.east.. Still have a few things on my to-do list before the first trackday in April.. should be heading to BeaverRun on 4/16,17 with a few friends. I love being the underdog on the vtr and keeping pace with the modern 600's and occasional liter bike (not on the straights of course).
Anyway, glad I found the list, seems like a nicely organized site.
Darren
Old 01-30-2005, 07:35 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Re: New member here

Hey Darren,

Welcome! I've spoken with another new member who's also about to run a SuperHawk on the track. Unfortunately, his name escapes me right now. Anyway, he's going to try some cbr front suspension bits so I hope to hear from more from him. I'm sure you would too.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Superstock

VTRDarren
Yeah, I caught that post and even considered doing either the 900 or 929 swap, but in the end I'd rather spend the money on track tires and trackday fees. That's what I say now, but who knows what might happen next winter when I get cabin fever and my e-bay addiction strikes up ;-)

For now I have racetech .90kg springs up front with 7.5wt oil, standard valving and that works pretty well for me combined with the shimmed ohlins out back. I thinking of ordering up a fork brace, just not sure if I'll even notice the difference with it on there. http://www.superbrace.com/ Any feedback on the brace?