General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 10:55 AM
MSF RiderCoach
Back Marker

radbikers is on a distinguished road

Hi Eeryone,
I've just joined the Forum as a prospective SH owner. I'm still in search of the right SuperHawk, looking for a 2003-05 model, hopefully. A little bit about us:

My wife and I currently have 3 bikes between us (down from 7 in the garage a few months ago...) She rides a white 06 VFR800A Interceptor and I've got an 07 ST1300A, having given up my own 06 VFR due to a search for more long distance comfort. I tried a BMW 1200GS in between, but wasn't satisifed with it, either! We also have a race-prepped '90 GB500 in the garage that we use just for fun rides. Anyway, we do a fair amount of riding, averaging 20-25K miles a year, as well as doing our obligatory Sadle Sore 1000s for membership in the Iron Butt Association. This past summer we did an 18 day, 7500 mile round trip between FL and CA, thru AL, AR, OK, KS, CO, UT, NV and back. We were in CA to watch the MotoGP and AMA races at Laguna Seca. We also work part-time for Honda, assisting at major rallies and events.

I'm actually looking for the SH to go along with the GB for fun ride days. That way I can quit getting nagged about who gets to ride the GB!

Looking forward to finding my SuperHawk and exploring a new ride!

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2007, 01:38 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
to the forum. There are some in the classified section and probaby still a few unsold ones at dealerships so you should find one to suit. I picked up my '02 in early '05 with only 56 miles on it.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Superstock

nineighthawk
Welcome
Old 12-29-2007, 04:35 PM
MSF RiderCoach
Back Marker

Thanks. I'm already talking to 2 board members with SHs for sale. Hopefully I'll have one in the stable in the next week or two!
Old 12-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Superstock

Scumbag is an unknown quantity at this point
Hell yeah!
Old 12-29-2007, 07:21 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome...

Yes, they are still out there...

I just bought my NEW 03 with 1 on the ODO on christmas eve...

I haven't gotten to put any miles on it due to western New York's lovely weather, and roads... However am very excited about this one...
Old 12-29-2007, 09:25 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
We're supposed to have good riding weather over the next couple days. I've been out on the Superhawk the last two times so it's the VFR's turn this time. Anybody know a breakfast place in Kerrville?

And BTW
Old 12-29-2007, 09:52 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

supermarto is on a distinguished road
Hmm. Race prepped GB? I'd be hogging that one too! One of my all time favorite post-1989 scoots next to my Transalp!
Old 12-30-2007, 04:01 AM
MSF RiderCoach
Back Marker

Yeh, this one has the XR600 top end, Showas up front, Works rear air shocks, D.I.D. race rims, etc..oh, and she's immaculate, not a scratch on her anywhere. Weighs nothing, really quick for the old GB model and you can't have much more fun than hanging off this little thing when she's screaming through the corners! It also has the "What the hell is that?" cool factor! It is really my wife's toy...sometimes I even get to ride it. (That's why I have to get the SH...)

Last edited by radbikers; 12-30-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:36 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

Tasty! I love bikes that thump! I am always searching for one, but locally they don't come up that often and when they do they are gone fast.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:04 AM
MSF RiderCoach
Back Marker

yeh, we got lucky. We found this one in a vintage bike shop in Richmond, VA. It was hiding in the back, in almost pristine condition. We replaced some of the bodywork because of a scratch or two (Honda still had NOS OEM parts in the warehouse, can you believe it?!), and it looks just like it came off the showroom floor. Actually better, as Becky has won a couple of show trophies for it. You can still find GBs on eBay from time to time, but not in this kind of condition or with the race mods. Everytime she takes it out, she draws a crowd with this thing!

Hey, Supermarto, you're in Tarpon Springs? We live in Brandon...let's get together sometime. Bring the Transalp over and we'll swap you for a ride on the GB!

Last edited by radbikers; 12-30-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:29 AM
SuperSport
SuperSport

Hey Rad, that'd be cool! I would love it... She's in a coupla pieces (doing springs, clutch, and I am trying to sort out a new tank, but it isn't far from being together). She's a constant project, one that I loved stock but I am always trying new iterations on. It is kinda set up as a supermotard/streetfighter currently, and I think that's how it's gonna stay. I just can't give it up, I LOVE the motor and the way it handles with the 17's and street rubber on it. Makes commuting to the Hard Rock alot more fun than on the Superhawk.

I am thinking about an XR 600or 650 to fill in the trail duties that the Transalp no longer does, the GB and XR monster thumper motors are the shizzle! Bulletproof, tried and true!
Old 12-30-2007, 09:45 AM
MSF RiderCoach
Back Marker

There's a guy in Phoenix that just put his TransAlp up for sale on eBay a couple of weeks ago. I was thinking about buying it but didn't. He has converted the suspension over to XR600 components. I don't think it sold and he kept it. If you want, I can try and find it again...
Old 12-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Back Marker

bowhawk is on a distinguished road
I've got a friend with a Transalp in the garage, he's thinking of selling to buy a true dirt bike. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll ask him what he wants for it.