General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New Hawk owner with an exhaust with no badging.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Squid

BiG_hUsS is on a distinguished road
New Hawk owner with an exhaust with no badging.

Hello all. I have been reading for a while now and just haven't posted. I have been wanting to post for some time now about the exhaust that came on my 02 Super Hawk that I just bought. They are not stock, because I have the stock exhaust. They sound good, but I just don't have a clue what they are. I have searched numerous brands, but nothing really resembled what these look like. Any ideas as to what kind / brand this is? See pictures below.

Sorry for the poor quality, the pictures were took with my cell phone.

Name:  IMG00067-20090915-1721.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  101.3 KB

Name:  IMG00068-20090915-1722.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  109.5 KB

Name:  IMG00066-20090915-1721.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  132.5 KB

Name:  IMG00065-20090915-1721.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  101.8 KB

Last edited by BiG_hUsS; 09-15-2009 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Addition of picture.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Squid

bradyh30 is on a distinguished road
they look like yosh oval exhaust. im no exhaust expert but i have seen a set of the yosh's and they look pretty similar
Old 09-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Superstock

cameron is on a distinguished road
they look just like my yoshi's except the welds. so i dont think its yoshi.also on my yoshi pipes there is a small hole tapped in the ends for silencers? do you see any holes on the ends?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:36 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Either Yoshimura or Yosh knock-offs. I would suspect knock-offs.
I put a Yosh slip-on on my wife's SV 2 years ago.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:01 AM
Squid

Ok, I appreciate the help guy's. It's way farther than what I have go just using google and looking at various exhaust.

This may sound very small minded of me, but I want a true aftermarket exhaust. Guess I will look around for something. Any suggestions on a great sounding exhaust?
Old 09-16-2009, 07:09 AM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
I like my Microns. Not as loud as some others but still lets that great Vtwin sound through
Old 09-16-2009, 08:39 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BiG_hUsS
Ok, I appreciate the help guy's. It's way farther than what I have go just using google and looking at various exhaust.

This may sound very small minded of me, but I want a true aftermarket exhaust. Guess I will look around for something. Any suggestions on a great sounding exhaust?

Do they sound good? They sure look good to me, except for the angle they're at. Other than that, who cares who makes them? The previous owner probably just took the badges off a "true aftermarket exhaust" anyway.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:56 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
It's prolly a Delkevic

http://vi.ebaydesc.com/ebaymotors/ws...=msie&caz.html
Attached Thumbnails New Hawk owner with an exhaust with no badging.-banditsilencerwithstrap1.jpg   New Hawk owner with an exhaust with no badging.-banditsilencerwithstrap2.jpg  

Last edited by LineArrayNut; 09-16-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut

Thanks! That is the closest I have seen. Must be an earlier version or something.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by killer5280
Do they sound good? They sure look good to me, except for the angle they're at. Other than that, who cares who makes them? The previous owner probably just took the badges off a "true aftermarket exhaust" anyway.
Yes, they do sound good. Thanks for the compliment. That is true that if they sound good who cares, but like I noted it's a little simple minded of my self to be like that. It's really just a label missing. I guess your refering to the I believe stock / mid mount of the exhaust angle, correct? I really like the high mount look though. Have you ever had an issue with a passenger and the high mounts?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:47 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Yes, they do sound good. Thanks for the compliment. That is true that if they sound good who cares, but like I noted it's a little simple minded of my self to be like that. It's really just a label missing. I guess your refering to the I believe stock / mid mount of the exhaust angle, correct? I really like the high mount look though. Have you ever had an issue with a passenger and the high mounts?

No, I just meant the angle the cans are turned instead of straight up and down.
I have low mounts and I never carry a passenger, so I can't comment on your question.
They look fine to me and the best part is that they're already on the bike and paid for. Honestly, different cans do have somewhat different tones, but I have never heard any that didn't sound good on a Hawk.

Last edited by killer5280; 09-16-2009 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by killer5280
No, I just meant the angle the cans are turned instead of straight up and down.
I have low mounts and I never carry a passenger, so I can't comment on your question.
They look fine to me and the best part is that they're already on the bike and paid for. Honestly, different cans do have somewhat different tones, but I have never heard any that didn't sound good on a Hawk.
Ok, I see what your saying. You are right about already being on there and paid for. This bike is my first, and was a test to see if I really liked riding. I really made a good choice I believe. I love the bike and have no payment.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:26 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
I have high mount exhaust, but have yet to carry a passenger since putting it on. I am a little leery to since the exhaust would be up against her ankle and it gets up to 180 degrees! And that is my carbon fiber ones. I didn't realize how hot it got till I used yruyur's infrared thermometer on it Monday night.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:47 PM
No Chicken Strips
Squid

Blake1221 is on a distinguished road
Get D&D slip-ons!!! mine sound great
Old 09-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Superstock

cameron is on a distinguished road
1000$ bucks for high mounts. hmmm those are looking pretty good
Old 09-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by cameron
1000$ bucks for high mounts. hmmm those are looking pretty good
You know Cameron, you have a point there. Plus my girlfriend can't ride either if she knows she may get burnt. I get compliments now for the sound and looks of it. It's just me I guess. I never like nothing that looks stock.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:14 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Stealth can be a good thing where the police are concerned. As it says "Not for road use.", a big aftermarket label can broadcast that even more. I've been toying with the idea of removing my Micron logos. Prolly never get around to it though.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:19 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gregw
Stealth can be a good thing where the police are concerned. As it says "Not for road use.", a big aftermarket label can broadcast that even more. I've been toying with the idea of removing my Micron logos. Prolly never get around to it though.
+1 on the stealth.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:12 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Look like a cross between Scorpions and Yosh's. Good looking pipes either way. Take the clamps off and flip them left-right to get the correct orientation.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:05 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by Gregw

That is true as well. I like having no badging on the bike except for the Honda decal on the tank. However, the guy I bought the bike from had some extra decals for it. There are (2) 1000RR decals I am thinking about placking on the rear, just under the seat cowl. Not sure, but will probably leave it the way it is.

I am constantly getting asked "what kind of bike is that?". I like the looks and remarks I get from people when I crank the bike.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:28 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by inderocker
Look like a cross between Scorpions and Yosh's. Good looking pipes either way. Take the clamps off and flip them left-right to get the correct orientation.
The outsides of the pipes look good. The insides are a little damaged. The person I bought it from said it fell on his driveway. Which I could see. Seemed like his drive was a good 20 degree incline. I may try and flip them just to see what that looks like.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
The outsides of the pipes look good. The insides are a little damaged. The person I bought it from said it fell on his driveway. Which I could see. Seemed like his drive was a good 20 degree incline. I may try and flip them just to see what that looks like.
Leave the cans the side they are... Swap the clamps... The angle of the clamp determines the angle of the can, making them sit flat...