General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New Guy Here, be gentle

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 05:30 PM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
if it runs strong go for it. A raced superhawk doesn't mean much. We race them everyday on the street anyways. lol, just kidding. No, really, if it runs good and already had the valves checked for clearance go for it.
Old 05-31-2005, 07:05 PM
Squid

v2weapon
Re: New Guy Here, be gentle

Tru dat. Mine just spent 3 years on the track. She laid rubber on public roads for the first time since late '01 this last Sunday. The good thing is that all that track time helped refine out the things that needed to be changed. Mine has a ton of work done to the motor, and a CBR600 front end and brakes. All the fasteners have been changed out for titanium or magnesium, everything is safety wired, and all the little induction bugs that come with those monster carbs have been cleaned up. That's hundreds of hours that I don't have to spend tweaking on it, because it had to be right for racing. Look on the bright side; at least it wasn't owned by a Starboyz wannabe, constantly starving the front cylinder for oil with the front wheel in the air. Hondas are tough and reliable. A little track time is nothing to worry about, as long as all the parts are there and there's no MAJOR crash damage.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Squid

v2weapon

Nashville is worth the trip. You can always find something in your price range locally, if you're patient. Or buy the bike and pay me to ride it up to MN for you <wink>. I'll write the return plane ticket off as a company expense...since I was doing surveillance across several states for you, from the seat of a motorcycle...yeah, yeah, that's the ticket. 8)
Old 06-01-2005, 12:39 PM
Back Marker

blokeontheend
Sounds a fair price to me - especially if the shock and valves are new. Why is he selling it? If it's in good running oder you could make a sweet long weekend in Nashville. Bonnaroo music fest June 10-12th with Dave Matthews and 70 other bands.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:27 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i live in Nashville, so if you are heading this way give me a shout and we can hook up on some weekend roads here.