General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

My story

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Squid

Hayai is on a distinguished road
My story

Greetings all.

Haven't been on the forums for long but can already tell there are some great people on here as well as some insane Frankenstein types. (which i love reading they're project threads)

I'm from Australia, and though i don't actually own a VTR1000 yet, a friend of mine owns a bike shop and i have ridden one and have put it aside for me.

I've been riding an RGV 250 for the past 2 years (on and off due to it's lack of reliability) and recently got my hands on a VT250 for nothing. Having only really riding those two bikes and any decent period. I loved the ability to throw the rgv around so i thought i wanted a full blown super sport. then i took a ride on a friend Duke monster and just loved the ease of riding plus the sound of the "termi" exhaust note.

And so my eyes were open to V-twins. Took one ride of a 2001 model and i told them "it's mine".

Hope i didn't bore you with that back story but thought i would share it with other enthusiasts of the same bike i will own very soon.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:51 AM
Superstock

Bearshawk is on a distinguished road
And so my eyes were open to V-twins. Took one ride of a 2001 model and i told them "it's mine".

pretty sure thats how most of us felt when we hopped on the hawk, welcome to the fun and put pics up whenever you get them!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:07 AM
Squid

HEL Brake lines
High mounted REMUS exhausts

looking forward to owning her.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:14 AM
SuperSport

98VTRrider is on a distinguished road
Looks nice, I like the blue color, you don't see it very often (not that you seen any superhawks very often on the road). You will not be disapointed. Like you I also thought I wanted an inline-4 supersport, until I had a chance to borrow a friends 2001 VTR, man what a difference the V-twin torque makes!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:20 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forum. How long will you have to wait to get your VTR?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Superstock

t-dogg is on a distinguished road
That Blue one is nice. Guess its on 03 and those mirrors are badass
Old 01-19-2011, 10:39 AM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
Welcome
Old 01-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Superstock

sheldonsl is on a distinguished road
Welcome. How's the flood situation over there? Any good news on that front?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Back Marker

revhead1957 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for asking, we are recovering and starting the long haul to rebuild the city and surrounds.
Currently, afternoon storms pass through which is not helping - last night we got 4" of rain and 1/2" hail stones. Tomorrow a king tide is expected which will mean some low lying houses will go under again.
Personally, we were above the water line, so we have had a houseful of people staying with us while they clean up.
It's ironic, last year our water reservoir was at 16% and there was talk of rationing, and our country cousins were in drought...
Old 01-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the fray.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:17 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
A welcome to you down there on the West side of Oz.

It looks like you've got a good one lined up. One advantage of the VTR is that the powerband is very predictable and therefore very forgiving, for a liter bike.

Enjoy the torque.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by revhead1957
Thanks for asking, we are recovering and starting the long haul to rebuild the city and surrounds.
Currently, afternoon storms pass through which is not helping - last night we got 4" of rain and 1/2" hail stones. Tomorrow a king tide is expected which will mean some low lying houses will go under again.
Personally, we were above the water line, so we have had a houseful of people staying with us while they clean up.
It's ironic, last year our water reservoir was at 16% and there was talk of rationing, and our country cousins were in drought...
We hear a lot about the floods over there and i wish you and your family the best. Though i'm sure nothing i say will actually make a difference to the tragic loss that you guys over there have suffered.

Hearing the reports now of the clean up efforts though does make me have faith in humanity, as the amount of volunteers is heart warming.

I was saying to a friend it's some what ironic that last year in march Perth experienced a "huge" storm and minor flooding but one only a fraction of what you queenslanders are experiencing and i'm sure you guys were wishing us the best. And now the shoe is on the other foot but sooooo much worse.

Last edited by Hayai; 01-20-2011 at 08:17 AM.