General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Missing hose from accident

Old 09-04-2018, 09:01 AM
Squid

Mvanriel60 is on a distinguished road
Missing hose from accident

Hey guys I'm missing a hose from the water cover I'm assuming I know where it goes I just want to double-check before I do it if anyone can help

so do I just need a hose to go between the t handle and off the cover. Or is it a drain hose coming from the cover
Old 09-04-2018, 10:19 AM
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mvanriel60 View Post
Hey guys I'm missing a hose from the water cover I'm assuming I know where it goes I just want to double-check before I do it if anyone can help

so do I just need a hose to go between the t handle and off the cover. Or is it a drain hose coming from the cover
That is the water pump weep hole drain..... should the pump seals fail, you will see a dribble of coolant out that port..For that reason, I actually prefer to not have a hose on it..
The hose dumps down low where its not as observable ..Without the hose, if the water pump ever starts to leak, you will get coolant spatter along the side of the motor and your leg and see it in my opinion, long before you might notice a few drops on the ground under the bike. ..

the other hose with the T fitting looks like a vacuum line and needs to be sealed or reattached so you do not have a vacuum leak.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Squid

EJamesJr is on a distinguished road
A few weeks back, I had asked about a tee in my fuel tank drain line. I had noticed a hose in the engine compartment that was not connected to anything that was tee’d into the drain line. I’m now thinking that it was supposed to go to that pump fitting. Hum? I ended up removing the tee so the drain line is a single hose. I need to go look to see if that pump fitting is naked.

Is the tee you’re showing in the fuel tank drain line?
Old 09-04-2018, 02:51 PM
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by EJamesJr View Post
A few weeks back, I had asked about a tee in my fuel tank drain line. I had noticed a hose in the engine compartment that was not connected to anything that was tee’d into the drain line. I’m now thinking that it was supposed to go to that pump fitting. Hum? I ended up removing the tee so the drain line is a single hose. I need to go look to see if that pump fitting is naked.

Is the tee you’re showing in the fuel tank drain line?
The right cover, water pump housing drain is a single piece of 4.5mm x 430mm hose

To the best of my knowledge, the fuel tank filler overflow drain hose single non T'ed line not interconnected to any other lines. The tank breather vent hose is two pieces of line, of two different sizes connected with a single hose joint forming one single non interconnected hose.

The rear cylinder head vacuum port supplies vacuum to both the fuel petcock and if I remember right, the PAIR "Air Suction valve" That is the only "T" connector I can think of... If you have removed the PAIR valves (or flipped them over) you likely removed the Air Suction valve. That would leave a T connector with a port and no home.