General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Mild Heart attack today....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Back Marker

Fish is on a distinguished road
Mild Heart attack today....

when I told the local Honda parts guy I needed 2 "O" rings for the air screws. "It comes as a whole set. You need 2. (I guessed that)and......they're $15.98 each" He had the gaul to Smile!!

$32 for 2 micro "o"rings......."That's friggin' crazy" sez I, heading for the door!!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:54 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Some of these guys are absolutely without mercy. I pity you guys that use your Superhawks for an everyday commute. It absolutely puts you at their convenience and in this case humor.

**** them! I do a lot of business with Service Honda, Ronnie's Mail Order, & World of Power Sports. I shop all of them to confirm prices and then I order.

It takes a week - that's the bad part of it. But it gets worse - if the dealer is quoting you $15 even at one of the discount houses it will cost you $8 or $9. My local Honda dealer typically quotes about 30% above Honda MSRP.

Generally all these on-line houses have great shipping rates which really helps.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

Syclone is on a distinguished road
If it's just an o-ring you're looking for, try a Caterpillar dealer. Most dealers stock tons and tons of o-rings, and should have a huge cone & chart where they can get you an o-ring similar to anything you bring in. I work at a Cat dealer, but I'm guessing other implement/machinery dealers would have the same capabilities.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:07 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
My local dealer doesn't stock anything and will only order if paid in full. The last part is understandable with strangers but not well known customers.

So to get something from the local dealer who's known my me for, oh say, TWENTY YEARS requires me to make a 100 mile round trip to order it, wait the week or ten days that it would take to get something mail ordered straight to my house, and then make another 100 mile roundtrip to pick it up.

No thanks.

Here's the kicker: my last (and probably final) order with them was a tiny part. They sent me a mailed notice that it was it in. They could have easily put the tiny part (plastic speedo gear nut) in the F&*^ng envelope but nope; had to make the 100 mile trip instead. When I got there I held up the envelope in one hand and the nut in the other. A blank stare and the wind whistling was the reply. LMAO
Old 09-26-2007, 04:12 AM
Back Marker

Hammer7205 is on a distinguished road
If any of you guys have a Fastenal or Grainger in your area, get all your O-Rings and nut and bolt stuff from them. You'd be amazed at what these outfits have...
Old 09-26-2007, 07:21 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 on Fastenal... I used them to replace the bolts for my cam chain tensioners with ones of higher quality when one snapped off in the block.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Squid

ride57 is on a distinguished road
Wow, after reading the thread title, I was going to say, "do exactly what your Dr says"

But, yeah, I know sticker shock

+1 on the o rings, My Duc uses orings on the fuel disconnects, $8(IIRC) each from ducati, .79c each at the local hardware store. They have a small selection. In Tacoma, Tacoma Screw has just about every size you can imagine.

I used to work at a NAPA store. We got stiffed more than once because the boss special ordered something for someone he knew. NO special orders without cash. Yes, you want to be nice, but when you have $1000's or more worth of exotic cams, manifolds etc that YOU CANT SEND BACK, you get to a point where you just have to say, money first.

Now why they didnt sent the part in the mail I dont know, Ive had stuff like that happen to me. Ive also called a dealer thats 50 miles away and the parts girl (noticing I lived 50 miles away) asked if I wanted it sent to me or if I wanted to pick it up myself . Thats a place that will get business from me again.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Back Marker

DrPepper is on a distinguished road
i work for my dad at a dive shop every now and then and he has a case with just about every o ring known to man if anyone need o rings i could start selling these half price...**** they only cost me about $10 for a case of 50-100
Old 09-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Back Marker

Fish is on a distinguished road
Fastenal. Great idea and there's one on the drive home from work. Thanks for the ideas all.