General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Looking for info!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Squid

oifdoc is on a distinguished road
Looking for info!

so lastnight i went and picked up the bike in my avatar! 99 SHawk w/ 7k! super great deal and the bike and i, well lets just say LUST AT FIRST SITE! lol!

anyway down to what i need from you all. anyone know some sites to grab aftermarket parts??

the bike is completely stock and had only one owner who thought it was to much bike for him. ( family friend )

but right now i want to get front flush mount indicators, and get rid of the rear indicators and tree!

id like to find a red or smoked tail light assembly that has LED lights and turn signals incorperated.

can anyone help????

also whats a good, lighter, and better exhaust kit for this bike?
any recommendations?

thanks
Old 03-09-2011, 04:36 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by oifdoc
...well lets just say LUST AT FIRST SITE!
The mufflers are there to quiet the bike down. Nothing else!

All your answers would have been found if you actually looked. Hell, you don't even need to search for any of the information that you want. Click on Knowledge Base, then click on General Discussion.
That should get ya going in the right direction.

Next time, try looking first. Don't ask us to do the work for you on your first post. Also, unless your shift key is broke on your keyboard, please use it. One more thing, using one question mark at the end of the sentence is all that is needed.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Squid

WOW!!!! Seriously I was just asking for recommendatons for sites used by fellow members on the site that they trust and that do carry the products due to this being an older bike!

FORUMS and the INTERNET ( notice Im useing the shift key ) were developed to be used for knowledge shareing and for fun for us civilians in the world.

All I was asking AGAIN was for some recommendations theres no need for bad attitudes on these. TRUST ME lifes to short for BS!

So Ill be the one to say Im sorry and THANKS for pointing me into the right direction on this site!

Last edited by oifdoc; 03-09-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:02 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Well first off...How about an official WELCOME to the "unofficial" Superhawk Forum!

Any aftermarket slip-ons will shed weight compared to stock exhaust and make it sound better. It will require a little carb work though to get it running well throughout the rev range with more free flowing cans.

And speaking of carbs, with only 7k miles on a 12 year old bike, they no doubt need a good cleaning. Especially the pilot jets, which clog up after a while.

I'm not sure about the lighting, but like stated above...try a search. There's tons of info here. Check modifications-cosmetic for lights. And I just remembered, check out Lockhart Phillips (LP) for lights.

A lot of us have mods listed in our signatures, so you might check some of those out as well for ideas.

Oh, and you might want to check R/R replacement and CCT replacement. Especially the R/R (regulator rectifier) tends to go out without warning on earlier models.

Enjoy the torque!

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 03-09-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:47 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forum! Hopefully you'll be able to find everything you need. My suggestion would be to post separate threads for each topic you are interested in. Normally this will get people more interested and thus net you better info.

I've not really found a 'good' place for aftermarket parts. The VTR is getting less love from the aftermarket these days so you might find it a bit of a struggle to find some items. That's where this forum can help, you'll probably get help from someone who recently had the same issue,

Good luck!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Superstock

bass4dude is on a distinguished road
Good to see another black and red beauty up here!

I picked mine up about 2 months ago, and love it with a burning passion.

Easy aftermarket parts market, ebay. It shall be your friend. If you see something you like and have questions that aren't answered in the ad, then you come back and bug everyone here =) They're a friendly bunch with a little bit of a bite to 'em.

60% of the mods that are on my bike now were there when I purchased it, but the mods were all done tastefully.

Good luck with your new Hawk!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
Well first off...How about an official WELCOME to the "unofficial" Superhawk Forum!

Any aftermarket slip-ons will shed weight compared to stock exhaust and make it sound better. It will require a little carb work though to get it running well throughout the rev range with more free flowing cans.

And speaking of carbs, with only 7k miles on a 12 year old bike, they no doubt need a good cleaning. Especially the pilot jets, which clog up after a while.

I'm not sure about the lighting, but like stated above...try a search. There's tons of info here. Check modifications-cosmetic for lights. And I just remembered, check out Lockhart Phillips (LP) for ligh

A lot of us have mods listed in our signatures, so you might check some of those out as well for ideas.

Oh, and you might want to check R/R replacement and CCT replacement. Especially the R/R (regulator rectifier) tends to go out without warning on earlier models.

Enjoy the torque!
the carbs were just done a week ago! the bike runs strong!! i do love it!

thanks for the feedback!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Head Scratcher
Back Marker

poppazuti is on a distinguished road
+1 on eBay. I've scored an exhaust, integrated taillight and headlight assy (twice, for a streetfighter build) on there. As stated above R/R is a problem but read up on it first (finned units generally are OK) and the CCT's are a highly debated problem but I'm in the percentage that suffered a failure (non catastrophic!), so I say it's cheap insurance to swap them out.
Parts are also plentiful here on the forum as well as a thread outlining good online sources for aftermarket parts.
Congrats on your purchase, it's a kick in the pants for sure and a great platform for a multitude of builds.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:30 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
WOW!!!! Seriously I was just asking for recommendatons for sites used by fellow members on the site that they trust and that do carry the products due to this being an older bike!

FORUMS and the INTERNET ( notice Im useing the shift key ) were developed to be used for knowledge shareing and for fun for us civilians in the world.

All I was asking AGAIN was for some recommendations theres no need for bad attitudes on these. TRUST ME lifes to short for BS!

So Ill be the one to say Im sorry and THANKS for pointing me into the right direction on this site!
Doc, apparently my use of smilies, or lack there of, has made my post seem like I am a douche. I started off with a joke, but perhaps you didn't get it. No big deal. Your reaction made me laugh pretty good this morning.

maybe if I respond with my sentence structure like THIS!! you WILL understand what I am talking about!!!! but most likely not!!!

<---- Have you figured out the tone of my post? It's a dry sense of humor.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Back Marker

offroad_rider2008 is on a distinguished road
the carbs were just done a week ago! the bike runs strong!! i do love it!

thanks for the feedback!

yet another unofficial welcome to the show, I've had my SH for a lil over a yr. now, gr8 bike, love it more than my gsxr1000, not as fast which is what I like, , all these guys are great and very helpful, just gotta get past the 1st kick in the teeth, enjoy your new ride and enjoy the show
Old 03-10-2011, 08:55 AM
Superstock

kmm996
Welcome. You'll love the bike. Have fun.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Superstock

pwshadow is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by offroad_rider2008
yet another unofficial welcome to the show, I've had my SH for a lil over a yr. now, gr8 bike, love it more than my gsxr1000, not as fast which is what I like, , all these guys are great and very helpful, just gotta get past the 1st kick in the teeth, enjoy your new ride and enjoy the show
Not as fast which is what I like? I bet you also hate loud music and baggy pants.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:21 AM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
if you want some good front signals,try http://hightechspeed.com/ the rc-51 models will fit on the bike.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forum. For parts and accessories I pretty much go to just 3 different sites:

www.ebay.com , www.motorcycle-superstore.com , www.bikebandit.com

I'm sure there are some other random sites floating around out there, but I have ordered from mc superstore an bike bandit numerous times and I am always satisfied with the price, product, and service.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Back Marker

MOONSTER is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the Forum from another Hawk rider. Don't let a few out of the many on this Forum spoil your fun. Some on here think it's their job to correct us when we don't use perfect english or punctuation. I always thougt Forum ment to discuss among others under a common theme. Also don't be afraid to ask questions, that's what this is all about. As for finding parts & mods to do to your Hawk there is a wealth of info to be found on this Forum. Again WELCOME!!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by pwshadow
Not as fast which is what I like? I bet you also hate loud music and baggy pants.
No, but some of us think there is much more to riding than drag racing at stop lights though......
Old 03-12-2011, 11:24 PM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
Welcome! Ride the bike a while. You'll find that your wants will change. I wanted everything cosmetic to start with, e.g. flush mounts, lower fairing, fender eliminater, mirrors with blinkers etc. What I found was I could put a very clean cut on the stock fender with a razor knife. I then moved the plate up a bit. Then I put a Sargent seat on, Erion cans and mids, pilot jets, emissions, tps etc. I found that all the plastic and stuff would just be a waste of money. I want people to see me as much as possible so the stock signals and running lights are ok with me.
If you want flush mounts, get good ones, like protons. I've done more to the bike but none has been cosmetic other than a Zero Gravity screen. Have fun and ride it a bit before you throw plastic on it! Just my 2 cents.