General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Indigo Exhaust (or Single Sided Exhaust) guys....

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 05:54 PM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
Indigo Exhaust (or Single Sided Exhaust) guys....

Hey all....

If anyone is running an indigo exhaust (single sided with dual cans) or any brand which has the same layout... any chance you can take a couple pics of how the pipes are routed.... most notably how the header exits on the left side, then the exhaust wraps back around to come up the right side...

I'm looking at a custom exhaust for my winter VFR swingarm project.... so Id love to see how this is handled so I can fab something similar...

Thanks in advance!!!

J.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:31 PM
i support twins
Superstock

BlackHawk996 is on a distinguished road
hey my bike has custom single sided exhaust check out my bike at this page. https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=12820 and tell me if thats what you're going for and ill try and get better detailed shots
Old 10-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Squid

IzakGt is on a distinguished road
Sorry not much help here but, I know Devil has a "Shotgun" series (single sided with dual cans) that you speak of. I have no pictures of an actual SH with them, but I'm almost certain in 2003 OR SO on this forum I THOUGHT I came across a yellow SH that HAD the devil shotguns. Sometime passed after viewing the photo when I too became interested once again in that style so I began to look for that photo to see what they did as well. But I could never find it and Devil did not make a specific shotgun for the SH, that I could locate. So I determined the photo that I had seen of that SH with that setup was also a fab job... Just guessing not sure. Anywho that ultimately concluded my search for a couple of reasons. Mainly my lack in knowledge of exhaust and its system. For example because the exhaust canisters/silencers (whatever you go by) are designed for I-4's will using those can's cause any kind of problems for a V-twin? Bike run rich, lean, choked will the twin blow the packing out of those faster??? Questions like why do many I-4s map 4 into 1 exhaust silencer yet twins almost always have two silencer even if the mid piping links together at one point? And then comes the fabing of the headers and pipes and all that good stuff..... Ya I'm sure you can do whatever you want if you have the know how and the right equipment or just know a really good muffler shop that will take the time to fab that up for you. Again JUST GUESSING. But can the wrong fab job be a possibility can it happen? Can you create to much or to little back pressure? Or is it a cake walk and I shouldn't be so concerned? Things like that cause me to lose interest, I'm not one to be big on causing possible unforeseen problems that may cost me more money down the road and thats the main problem. It can get way to expensive to be making an "oops" later on. Because I do not have a wealth of money I kind of have to go by the "if it isn't broke don't fix it motto"... Sorry not much help here just adding my two cents.. Maybe someone can educate me on this matter.
Thanks
Old 10-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Squid

Well there you go I'm just to slow to post haha. Nice setup Blackhawk
Old 10-22-2007, 04:01 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
http://groups.msn.com/HondaVTR1000F/mychickenhawk.msnw
Old 10-22-2007, 06:02 AM
SuperSport

Hey Blackhawk.. that's exactley what I'm looking for.... any chance you can snap a bunch of pics for me, that would be great... really want to see how the stock header has been modified, or pipes have been routed to get both pipes out the side like that.

I have a VFR swingarm sitting in my basement waiting for me to have the time and plan for the exhaust!!! If you could shoot me some pics that woudl be wonderful!!!

J.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:41 PM
i support twins
Superstock

ill try n get some pics asap... the guy who had it before me made this setup so i wont be able to tell you exactly how it was done/made with
Old 10-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Back Marker

Besucher98
anyone know what tank he installed on the chickenhawk (see link to photos above)?
Old 10-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by CB160
www.eti-fuelcel.com/VTR.HTML
They have a 5.3 gal, 7.4# tank made for VeeTar
not sure but try that
Old 10-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by superbling
And now the circle is complete.

Yeah, they have been posted before and the moriwaki CF tanks years before these. Cost prohibitive for most folks, hence why I went looking for another, cheaper solution.
also part of the same thread
Old 10-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Squid

or just go to the thread https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...light=vfr+tank
Old 10-27-2007, 04:42 PM
i support twins
Superstock

hey sorry i havent gotten pics yet ive been working alot and when im not its raining so i cant pull the bike out and my garage isnt lighted either hopefully withing the next 3 days ill finally have some pictures.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:53 PM
SuperSport

That works for me... it's a "winter" project... which means winter-spring-summer deal... when you get the chance that would be great, no need to get the bike messy on my behalf!!

J.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:33 PM
i support twins
Superstock

well i might go streetfighter over the winter anyways not sure yet but taking ther lwer off is no prob... my exhaust is wrapped for the most part hopefully pics will still help haha