General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

I need reading glasses

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 04:31 PM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
I need reading glasses

Reading this test report and if you squint you might think that it's about a Superhawk.
https://rideapart.com/articles/ride-...upersport-like
Old 03-09-2017, 05:12 PM
VTR virgin
Superstock

Cadbury64 is on a distinguished road
It seems a shame that Honda has abandoned the VTR motor. Aside from a fondness for fuel and camchain tensioners, it has a great motor and a capable-enough chassis. I guess that the hard job now would be Euro IV compliance for noise and emissions, two areas the VTR would definitely struggle with...
Old 03-09-2017, 07:17 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Biggest disappointment of the year. Those bikes look great in person. Damn if I'm paying all that for under 100 horse's @the wheel.
Old 03-10-2017, 01:20 AM
SuperBike

kenmoore is on a distinguished road
I have been watching this bike with interest.

Seems like a great formula.

Power is not everything, presence and rideabiiity and return to the rider is what counts.

How many times have you smoked a guy or gal on a much more powerful bike ?

I like Ducatis for their different take on performance .

I would love to throw my leg over one of these however, I don't think that the experience would be the same as my VTR.

One day,

I think it is a very clever marketing ploy by Ducati to lure folks that don't have the ability to stretch a Panigale to its limits to the brand.

Nice bike, good formula, good price !

Honda would do well to take note of this and reintroduce a modern VTR .
Old 03-10-2017, 07:31 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
The concept is great but a 1200 version would be nicer. Cam chains in place of belts would also to reduce maintenance costs. That aside, I would love to try one...
Old 03-11-2017, 06:40 AM
SuperBike

I too would jump at a chance to ride one.

Since I don't have the cash to ante into the game, and I won't finance one, that leaves me just a dreamer.

Around 100HP and 70 something LB/FT is, IMO, about all I really need. Yeah I know more is always nice, but that comes with other compromises.
Hopefully they will attract buyers to the Ducati brand and will sell in some numbers and in a few years there will be a decent supply on the used market.

It would be very cool if Honda made something like this, a modern VTR. Though I don't see that ever happening. Ducati has a lock on V-twins and a Honda spec'd at the same level would about the same money. There are of course other factors besides cost that would determine choice, dealer support being a biggie for a lot of folks. I see the biggest issue as brand recognition and all the intangibles that come with it. For a lot of potential buyers it will come down to "why buy a Honda for the same money as a Ducati". Not a market position that Honda wants to be in (again).
Still I would like to have a go on one, along with some other bikes that look like they check a lot of the right boxes.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:35 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Yeh I could add USD forks but I like traditional legs, ABS and TC are a nice safety net, more HP & FP also are nice but not really for the street. My VTR has maybe 100 modifications that make it my VT sport tourer. I have 2 spare engines and a frame, 4 sets of carbs and 2 sets of full electronics. I have too much invested for a modern version of the same. That's why I kept my 77 RD400 and got the FJ-09 last year.

I don't feel right on anything that weighs more than 480 pounds and is not thin in the waist. I still feel weird going from the FJ to the VTR, like a gorilla on a bicycle.

The Duc seems like a real nice modern alternative to the VTR for someone who does not already have one, and why risk riding the Duc and be disappointed getting back on the VTR...
Old 03-12-2017, 07:31 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by skokievtr
The Duc seems like a real nice modern alternative to the VTR for someone who does not already have one, and why risk riding the Duc and be disappointed getting back on the VTR...
A thought that I've also had.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:58 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Look back through the years. Honda has kept the superhawk/hawk name alive. Someday it will resurface.