General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

I have no a$$, need input from some others.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 05:57 PM
SuperSport

sailorjerry is on a distinguished road
I have no a$$, need input from some others.

So, I feel like I have tried everything to help my a$$ on long in town journeys.

I have genmar bar risers, I have a stock seat I rode with for a few months, a Corbin that I rode with for a while and now I have a Sargent that I have been riding on for a few months. No matter which one I after about 2 hours of riding if not off the seat and either tucked at high speed, or off the seat in turn, my extra extension to my lower back that some might be able to call a butt, starts killing me.

I'm trying to see if anyone has any other ideas aside from seats, and just bar risers that might help my issue at hand, I cant be the only hawk owner with no a$$ at all.

Thanks guys.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Superstock

KCCO is on a distinguished road
Not sure if it will work but there are padded shorts for biking or off roading that may offer some support. Also there is air filled seat covers (Airhawk R Seat Pad - RevZilla) that I have read some good things about. Also your feet position and support offered by your knees may make a difference?
Old 07-21-2013, 08:25 PM
SuperSport

I'm looking more so for any bike mods that might have helped others...
Old 07-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Biker
Squid

Mchurch is on a distinguished road
Who needs to ride for 2+ hours straight around town??? Why not just take a break say every 1 hr 45 mins???
Old 07-22-2013, 01:10 AM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
Aspirin helps so does training the butt by building up slow. Squats will build up butts. Corbins I've had seemed rock hard. I like the sargent. I've tried 1" thick gel under the seat cover on another bike, made no difference.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 AM
SuperSport

I do take breaks, and it still kills me. I ride with a group a few times a week and one group is stunters so I video for them, and that's when it's the worst, we take breaks every hour or so but it's not like the pain goes away after 30 minutes of letting the bikes cool down.

I'll have to look into the extra gel maybe I can get my stock seat redone and have them add a gel to it.

As for the butt work outs I have been working on giving my self some extra padding of my own but it's a slow process considering how much I lack.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:25 AM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by sailorjerry
I ride with a group a few times a week and one group is stunters so I video for them, and that's when it's the worst, we take breaks every hour or so but it's not like the pain goes away after 30 minutes of letting the bikes cool down.
Don't hang out with stunters, and your problem will be solved.

The more you vary your riding position the more comfortable you will be.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:39 AM
SuperSport

Thanks dad, I'll get right on that.

Once again helpful advice is needed, I know how to use my core when I ride hard with my Tuesday and Saturday group and we are either cornering or at high speeds so I'm off the seat.

I'm trying to get a feel for what others have done if there is anything else to try at all. I can't really very my riding position when I'm filming and I would rather deal with the pain then not get paid to ride, but the best of both would be nice.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:43 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Have you talked to the Sargent and/or Corbin people to see what they think they can do for you? They're the experts.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:14 AM
Superstock

sheldonsl is on a distinguished road
Find an individual that does custom upholstery work. Mass produced seats are for the masses, obviously. A custom guy can see what you need and make the seat fit you. Expensive it will be, but you've already been riding the alternatives.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:40 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Sailorjerry, I had my seat revamped a few years ago. New leather and memory foam. It thickens the seat a little, and, has made my ride a little
more confortable. Here's little personal info. 5'11'' and 165lbs, so, I don't have the thickest butt out there, and, I like my seat alot better then when it was stock.
You may go this way. Will set you back more or les 100$. You may even have it custom made to your liking if you wish. And, one important thing to take into consideration if you go this way. Either have the passager part of the seat reconstructed as stock as possible if you ride with the rear cowl on, or else, get ready to take your dremel out and grind away at the cowl to have it fit. I was stuck doing this to mine.
It still looks great, and, no one can tell, but, it's thined out on the edge to
fit nice and snugg.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:19 PM
SuperSport

Thanks jack, I was thinking of trying this since I have a stock seat that needs to be recovered anyways, I may have to try the memory foam, I had heard the gel seats are ok but they tend to smash down too much on long rides where the memory foam may conform to my lack of a butt and give a more comfortable ride for longer.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Seems many of us suffer from this. I know myself and a few others lately have purchased an extra seat or seat pan to make our own seats. Here is a website to help you, if you decide to go the DIY route DIY motorcycle seat
Old 07-22-2013, 06:01 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CruxGNZ
Seems many of us suffer from this. I know myself and a few others lately have purchased an extra seat or seat pan to make our own seats. Here is a website to help you, if you decide to go the DIY route DIY motorcycle seat

Yep, add me to the no *** list.

160 lbs, 6'2"... My VTR came with a recovered stock seat with gel padding - made for the previous owners much larger *** than mine (I can only assume, because its rock hard for me...)

I swapped the stock seat from my parts bike & prefer that.

I'll be following this thread if anyone comes up with a solution.

After a couple hours its time to get off and walk around anyways.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 PM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sailorjerry
my extra extension to my lower back that some might be able to call a butt
Now that's funny.
I had Noassatall when I was a kid. So I feel your pain.
Try some Ibuprofen. It is the best OTC for helping with this kind pain. Another thought, and with out knowing anything about you I could be wrong, is to take a careful look at your diet. There are many foods and food like substances that cause inflammation. Some more some less depending on a multitude of factors. It's accumulative, it doesn't have to be one food type. The symptoms will manifest in different ways in different people. Again, some more, some less.
If there is a weakness in a system, stress will expose it.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:09 AM
SuperSport

Yeah, I nothing back there. I wear a belt and my pants still fall down. I think I am going to try jacks memory foam idea, maybe get a piece and do some testing on it my self and see where that goes.