I finally got my first ride in this year

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 12:24 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
I finally got my first ride in this year

Winter went on for ever here in the arctic wasteland. I finally got out for about 50 miles this morning. I also got to wear my new aerostich for probably the fifth time, oh and my new AGV Ti-tech. Anyway it felt good to be out on two wheels again.

One thing however, are these bikes noisey as all hell or what? I don't know if I developed an exhaust leak or something or if I have simply forgotten how noisey and obnoxious the superhawk engine is. I do have the Jardine round pipes, but even I was disturbed by the amount of noise the thing makes. It sounds kind of like an old ratty race bike. I guess it had to have been just as loud last year and I just forgot.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I went on my maiden voyage for '08 today. This was the first time I'd ridden with the "new" (to me) Jardines. The bike was Honda perfect and smooth in both power and sound. Hell, I had a hard time keeping the front wheel on the ground in first (stock gearing). I'm loving the pipes and now just starting to remember how much I enjoy the 1000RR forks and brakes. I think it will handle even better with a new front tire that matches the rear!

So, what seems to be the source of your noise??
Old 04-07-2008, 06:43 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
Hey Greg,

I'm not sure what the noise is exactly. It only really concerned me because it seems to be from the underside of the bike more than the exhaust exit. It's almost like a leak in the header. The thing almost sounds like it's missing, but the power still seems to be there. I figure I'll burn off more of my winter gas and refill it and see how it behaves. I think I pissed off a Harley, so it's not sounding good. It's hard to say since the thing sat for four months. That's alot more than I'm used to.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:05 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I had a header nut back off after some work I did last winter. It didn't last long enough to blow out the exhaust donut but we did limp back to the shop.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
Went out on Sunday after I ran out of screws for my Garage make over. I was going to take the car but looked at the hawked sitting at the corner and yeah..excuse to get a ride in. 3 tries later, it came to life. I stored the bike with a tank full of gas with the battery out, so I had expected some difficulties but it ran fine although a little rough in the beginning. The only issue was the tire as it handled and behaved very strangely. flat spot and vulcanization I would believe...It was fun..stop by Starbucks and had nice drink then blasted my way home...