General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

first ride of the year

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 12:16 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
first ride of the year

weve had a bit of rain here lately and its given the roads some of their darkness back, combine that with +8 temps today i figured it was time to go for a ride. havent ridden since october and ive had the itch for a while. bike fired right up, likely because i had it running a few weeks ago. idled no problem and seemed to run pretty good. i thought it might have taken some time to get used to riding again but by the end of my road it felt like i had never stopped. snapped off a few small wheelies when traction permitted. and traction was limited. i had the *** come out in an intersection when i got on her to try and bring her up a little and then later when i left a buddies shop she came out good and likely left some serious rubber, lol. all in all a good ride, speedo recalled at about 115 mph aswell from one straight run i did
Old 03-15-2011, 12:23 PM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
sunny and 67 here last Sunday when I had the 'hawk out. I only did 110 though.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:39 PM
SuperBike

not sure where you arebut its been a miserable winter here. we had 2 days of heavy rain the other weekend, roads would have been nice and clean. then the third day it snows and the salters were out
Old 03-15-2011, 01:20 PM
mcg
Squid

mcg is on a distinguished road
first ride on my new to me 'storm

Dateline Ottawa
Bought my 98 Storm last fall and had to store it without riding it (snow)... fired her up today and snuck around the block a few times... 1st, 2nd 30mph/60kph...Felt Great! Fits me really well...woo hoo can't wait for spring!
McG
Old 03-15-2011, 02:14 PM
SuperBike

the best part of riding for the first time after taking a break is how fast the bike feels. sadly that feeling goes away after a few rides.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Superstock

Mattaua is on a distinguished road
I HATE hot weather, and when I say hot I mean 105 with 90% humidity which is like 50% of the year here in South Carolina. The good part, however, is that I have not been more than 3 weeks without at least a 30 minute ride since I bought my SHawk last march. Thursday is supposed to be sunny and 74 degrees (F) down here. Me and some buddies are planning on a little rid up through the blue ridges mountains and doing the Caesar's Head run.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.441513&z=11

zoom in and look at some of those cut backs, then zoom out and look west . . . ENDLESS TWISTIES!!!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:11 PM
SuperBike

i did the google street view on some of that road. it looks wicked. have fun with that maybe get some video of it
Old 03-16-2011, 08:48 AM
Squid

General Maximus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mattaua
I HATE hot weather, and when I say hot I mean 105 with 90% humidity which is like 50% of the year here in South Carolina. The good part, however, is that I have not been more than 3 weeks without at least a 30 minute ride since I bought my SHawk last march. Thursday is supposed to be sunny and 74 degrees (F) down here. Me and some buddies are planning on a little rid up through the blue ridges mountains and doing the Caesar's Head run.

zoom in and look at some of those cut backs, then zoom out and look west . . . ENDLESS TWISTIES!!!

Clearly, Me and my Hawk live in the wrong geographical location. The quality curves on that ride alone would double the total in the entire state of Illinois
Old 03-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by uchi
i did the google street view on some of that road. it looks wicked. have fun with that maybe get some video of it
Originally Posted by General Maximus
Clearly, Me and my Hawk live in the wrong geographical location. The quality curves on that ride alone would double the total in the entire state of Illinois
Yeah I am blessed to live down here for sure. The road conditions are not always great, but right around Caesar's Head/Mountain Bridge area there are some wicked cut backs that I think rival the Dragon's Tail....it's just not nearly as long.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:35 PM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road

that one is always on the route when going from Charlotte to Deals Gap. There's probably a hundred other roads just like it, huh?
Old 03-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Superstock

Did this ride today!!! It's a balmy 71 right now, it was a little chilly in the morning (48 when we left) but it shaped up to be a great ride.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:37 PM
SuperSport

98VTRrider is on a distinguished road
The weather has been improving here the last couple of weeks, been riding any chance I have whenever its above 40ish...just got home from work and pulled the bike out, waiting for others to arrive to ride...Just under 60 degrees right now