General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

How long should I wait before I get too worried?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:36 AM
Back Marker

Otto Man is on a distinguished road
How long should I wait before I get too worried?

I recently ordered an integrated tailight off of ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-00...QQcmdZViewItem

I thought I was doing good buying from a company with alot of positive feedback, well...

It's the wrong tail light. I've tried several emails and emails on ebay. It's been about a week and a half and still no replys on how I can exchange it or get a refund. I paid with a CC, which the billing period has already ended and I paid off (Dumb move I know). What do I do now???
Old 06-21-2007, 10:42 AM
SuperBike

C5aig is on a distinguished road
I tend to check and see if they've continued to do further business while not responding to your emails.

That seller has listed items as recently as this morning, and that would lead me to believe they're purposely ignoring your attempts to contact them in regards to the situation.

I'd see if you can still dispute the charges either thru ebay or your credit card company. I beleve you have up to 30 days from the transaction date to dispute it... even if you've already paid off the credit card.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Superstock

Lefin102 is on a distinguished road
Keep all of your emails and open a disput with the resolution ctr. It might take a few months but they will get your money refunded. I had a problem with a set of brake levers that were defective and got the run around from the seller. It took a little while but pay pal got me a refund including shipping.
Good luck
Old 06-21-2007, 11:41 AM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Lefin102
Keep all of your emails and open a disput with the resolution ctr. It might take a few months but they will get your money refunded. I had a problem with a set of brake levers that were defective and got the run around from the seller. It took a little while but pay pal got me a refund including shipping.
Good luck
+1 and in the future only buy items listed that you can use paypal, otherwise forget it.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
Umm...It says in the listing you gave a link to that it's for a VTR1000 SP1 or SP2. that is an RC51. keep trying and good luck.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Squid

SuperLoud
Best resolution is just to resell the item on ebay. If you sent the item back you are going to have to pay the shipping and possibly restocking fee.
Take your lump and move on.
And next time know exactly what you are buying by asking the seller a direct question ie Will this fit a 98 Superhawk VTR1000?

Good luck and who knows you may just break even minus the shipping.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Back Marker

Otto Man is on a distinguished road
Update! Nothing happened till I left negative feedback. Now they want to see pics of what I have and what I got, and they actually called me! So the question is, do I risk it again or just go for the refund? I really like the idea of the intergrated taillight, and they seem like a decent group of people, but it's still questionable it took them this long to get in contact with me, no?
Old 06-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Old 06-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Superstock

MarineHawk is on a distinguished road
I had the same problem with a different company, they label it for a 'VTR1000' on the title but then later on say 1000/SP1/SP2, ensnaring unsuspecting people like myself who've had no experience with an RC51. All I did was explain that much, in a rather upset fashion, and they sent me the refund sheet and processed things most ricky-tick.