General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Help needed - Tapeworks

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Squid

kris-b-crunch is on a distinguished road
Red face Help needed - Tapeworks

Hello fellow Hawk riders,

I need the help of someone fairly close to Tapeworks in North Carolina. I would like to order a set of graphics from Tapeworks, but they are saying due to thier licensing agreement with Honda USA the are not able to ship 'HONDA' decals to Canada. So I'm looking for someone willing to accept a package from Tapeworks(via UPS) and then send the package to Canada for me. I would like to be able to pay the person via Paypal and have the decals sent to Canada via US Postal Air mail service. Please PM me if you have a good rep within this forum.

Thanks,
Kris
Old 02-14-2007, 07:24 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
I'm not close to NC but shipping decals can't be that bad. Post up if you don't get any closer volunteers as I would be willing to help you out. I had the same thing happen with a company in the UK because of their agreements with Cycle Gear here. Never could get the product out of the UK despite the fact that Cycle Gear never bought that part of their product line and couldn't even special order it. It's bullshit and bad business!
Old 02-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kris-b-crunch
Hello fellow Hawk riders,

I need the help of someone fairly close to Tapeworks in North Carolina. I would like to order a set of graphics from Tapeworks, but they are saying due to thier licensing agreement with Honda USA the are not able to ship 'HONDA' decals to Canada. So I'm looking for someone willing to accept a package from Tapeworks(via UPS) and then send the package to Canada for me. I would like to be able to pay the person via Paypal and have the decals sent to Canada via US Postal Air mail service. Please PM me if you have a good rep within this forum.

Thanks,
Kris
There is another site you need to look into before ordering from tapeworks...search the forum and you will find it...If I can find my link I will post it back up for you...better prices...
Old 02-14-2007, 07:42 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
I actually did this for one of our Canuck members a year or two ago. I eventually lost money on the deal because A) he paid beforehand with a reasonable (I thought) yet estimated shipping amount but they used a heavy duty tube and international charges were much higher than expected and B) I neglected to figure in the PayPal deductions to my account. It ended up being about $10 which is no biggie of course in the grand scheme of things but FYI.

Also, remember it will take a while for it to clear Canadian customs; sometimes weeks.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:43 AM
Squid

willie
I live in virginia if your interested............pm me.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:07 AM
Squid

Thanks guys, I've got some contacts and leads to follow up on. I'll get back to you guys once I've sorted something out.

Hey kickinchicken996 - I'm still searching thru the forum for the other graphics places. I've looked at bikeskinz and alloutgraphics, and they don't have the graphics I'm looking for. Let me know if the link you were looking for is something other than bikeskinz and alloutgraphics.

:-D
Old 03-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Squid

Talking

All taken care of, thanks to everyone who offered their assistance. Special thanks to 99Hawk for helping me out.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Back Marker

nova_scotian_996 is on a distinguished road
Arent you gonna show us bike with the decals?
Old 03-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Squid

Hey nova_scotian_996, I would but it's still just a pile of parts at the moment. Bodywork is all sanded down ready for primer, meeting with my friend at Sikkens paint to look at colors next week. Forks ready to back together with Gold Valves in them. Cylinders out today to get honed to fit ceramic/dry film coated pistons (http://www.topguncoatings.com/dryfilmpics.htm look at fifth picture down). BTW there is still snow on the ground here in Calgary - though not for long 17 degrees C forcast for tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:55 AM
Back Marker

nova_scotian_996 is on a distinguished road
What decal package did u get?
Old 03-11-2007, 11:24 AM
Squid

The Tapeworks kit I got was a customized #1585. I had them change the SuperHawk996 to read FireHawk996. Because my bike was burnt up in a shop fire and I'm buying replacement parts from around the Globe, I figured that part Firestorm/part Superhawk decal was appropriate for the project.