General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Hello from Nebraska

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 03:48 PM
Squid

Crispybaconwaffl is on a distinguished road
Hello from Nebraska

Hello everyone, I just purchased a 2003 Superhawk. Unfortunately, it isn't running at the moment. The story is that it was a tweakers bike and he crashed it running from the police. I plan to use the engine in a Sidewinder buggy. It needs a full rewire though and I figure I will need some help along the way.
Cheers,
Crispy
Old 10-03-2019, 02:48 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Crispybaconwaffl
Hello everyone, I just purchased a 2003 Superhawk. Unfortunately, it isn't running at the moment. The story is that it was a tweakers bike and he crashed it running from the police. I plan to use the engine in a Sidewinder buggy. It needs a full rewire though and I figure I will need some help along the way.
Cheers,
Crispy
welcome

The full factory service manual link can be found in the knowledge base forum.

is the wiring harness is damaged beyond repair is that what you mean by full rewire or you just have several circuits to replace or repair?

if you have issues with the charging system or ignition coil spark plug gap I’ve got some nice options and upgrades over the stock stuff being repaired

Wiring diagrams are fairly universal across years locations and models but there are some specific differences depending on what circuit you’re looking to work on
Old 10-03-2019, 03:14 PM
Squid

Crispybaconwaffl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez
welcome

The full factory service manual link can be found in the knowledge base forum.

is the wiring harness is damaged beyond repair is that what you mean by full rewire or you just have several circuits to replace or repair?

if you have issues with the charging system or ignition coil spark plug gap I’ve got some nice options and upgrades over the stock stuff being repaired

Wiring diagrams are fairly universal across years locations and models but there are some specific differences depending on what circuit you’re looking to work on
Yep, needs completely new rewire. The entire loom is melted on the outside, it could probably run it as is but I would rather just rewire it for peace of mind.

Unfortunately had to cut the frame off of the engine