General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Getting a New Bike!!!!....Someday......someday

Old 08-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Back Marker

smack doogle is on a distinguished road
Getting a New Bike!!!!....Someday......someday

So, I love the superhawk but it is not perfect to me. Lot's of things to like but some of the newer bikes on the table these days make me look away from my old SuperHawk. For example, the lovely
KTM Super Duke. WOW, looks great but that $14000 price tag I cannot justify. Buying used is still rough, plan on $9k-$12K. I only buy used since I see no benifit in buying new when the same bike can be had already broken in for you for a $2-$4k discount.

Buell 1125CR - it's naked, it's upright, v-twin, and pretty darn nice looking. MSRP-$11695. not bad but- we go back to the whole used issue. There aren't any used bikes and even next year when maybe you can find a used one it'll still be around $9k. So, not for a few years.

Triumph Speed 3 - Beautiful, unique, strong running, reliable, only issues were with 05 and 06 brakes that should have been fixed under warranty. Now here's the great thing. They are obtainable for around 10000 OTD. That's a deal compared to the other two listed and a lot of other bikes out there. Even sweeter is the fact that you can find a low mileage (~2000) in the $6-$7k price range and yes we are talking about the 1050 2005-2008 Speedy's.

So this leads me to the following conversation with the wife this morning.

Me - Hon, I think I want to sell the Super Hawk and get one of these (show picture of Triumph Speed 3)
Wife - what the hell is wrong with you stupid - you just got the SuperHawk this spring, put 6k miles on it, say you love it now you want something else?
Me - Yep
Wife - Whatever, do what you want it's your bike just don't plan on financing a new bike or comeing out of pocket for it.

So as you can see I have the green light to go ahead so now I need to save my pennies. I couldn't finance anyway, I just can understand financing a motorcycle. Don't get me wrong, I would love to but I just can't bring myself to doing it. I think if I did I would begin putting everything on credit and get myself in a hole. So saving pennies is where I'm at so maybe in year or two I can sell the Super Hawk and Have myself a nice speed triple. I guess by then The Super Hawk will have about 40000 miles on it and only be worth about $2k. but oh well. I'm open to theories, common cents, ideas or game plans on how to expidite this transaction. I'm also open to jokes, comments or errant remarks. Honestly, it's Sunday and I have nothing better to do, although I do have to lube my chain today. Anyway,
Old 08-24-2008, 12:47 PM
SuperSport

Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
haha "yep". one of the best answers ever. speed triples are badass bikes. thats a good choice. i hope you get it soon. i just cant wait for them to release the ktm rc8 in the u.s. so i can get one. that would be so awesome!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:19 PM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
whoa whoa !!STOP!

Dont you know "whatever, do what you want " really means !!!

it means " Go ahead and try it and see what happens mister"!!!

Be careful man, your wife and my wife might be somehow related..
Old 08-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Superstock

sassage is on a distinguished road
+1...she didn't sound too sold on that. I'd still do it though speed triples look sweet...i like the Daytonas too
Old 08-28-2008, 01:55 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
ugly bug eyed no nose British bike? I like the articles on them, saying how great they are to ride.. and would consider one if I were to replace the SH but a looker the bike ain't.

Though these days I am thinking cruiser or V-Max / B-King as a 2nd bike instead of replacing what I got.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Superstock

sassage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lazn
ugly bug eyed no nose British bike? I like the articles on them, saying how great they are to ride.. and would consider one if I were to replace the SH but a looker the bike ain't.

Though these days I am thinking cruiser or V-Max / B-King as a 2nd bike instead of replacing what I got.
it's great to have both