General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Gentlemen, we have ignition!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Squid

driven is on a distinguished road
Gentlemen, we have ignition!

See my saga in the technical discussion section (cct related)...

Bought a dead Hawk a few weeks ago - actually, traded a TTR125LE even for it. After much drama, I actualy got my first (very brief) ride tonight! First impression - WOW! I love the sound. Keep in mind I've been on dirtbikes and supermotos for the last 2 years. The last sportbike I had was a CBR600F4i 3 years ago. Needless to say after stepping off a CRF250R motocrosser I am more than impressed with the 996's power. It's so smooooooth, but will rip your arms off with a twist. I have to get back into streetbike mode. Hard not to approach a corner with my leg out!
The real riding starts tomorrow...can't wait!!
Old 09-06-2007, 05:30 AM
Squid

driven is on a distinguished road
Rode it to work today... This thing does not like 40 degree temps in the morning! Noticeable hitch at around 3k rpm. Supposed to be 75 this afternoon - we'll see if it goes away. If not I'll have to richen it up a bit. Lots of double takes as I pulled into the parking lot - hey, that doesn't sound like a sportbike!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by driven
Lots of double takes as I pulled into the parking lot - hey, that doesn't sound like a sportbike!
I have to admit.. I like that, too.. I'm no attention hound, but I love when someone does that.. or stops in mid stride to come over and ask "why does that sound like that?" Definitely not a sortbike sound..
Old 09-06-2007, 09:21 AM
MotoGP

ghopki1 is on a distinguished road
Good job on the trade.

Yea I love the looks also. I have noticed it from a lot of the harley crowd. When I take off and look back they will all be looking at me with their head cocked as if to say "That's not a Harley, is it?".