General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

G'day from Down Under

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Squid

VTRgirl is an unknown quantity at this point
G'day from Down Under

Howdy peoples!

Just joined up & thought I'd say g'day from Australia. Had my VTR for a couple of years now & the novelty still hasn't worn off (nearly 75,000km later)! Go for a blat whenever I get the chance. Even sold my car, as it was just sitting in the garage with a flat battery. I'm a nurse, so I cop a lot of flack at work for riding, but wouldn't give it up for quids .

Haven't had a good squizz at the site yet, but plan to bug you all plenty when I get around to it . You may all look forward to my wit & wisdom in the near future... :wink:

Oh, and I'm not sure I can quite get used to the SuperHawk thing, but I'll try. You'll have to forgive me if I continue to "Storm"... Then again, if you're all anti the Firestorm thing, somebody'd better let me know!

G'nite!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Back Marker

call me phil
Re: G'day from Down Under

welcome aboard! its nice to know that i am not the only one who relies on his vtr as my only transportation! and dont worry about superhawk versus firestorm, they are the same thing and we all love them equally.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:15 PM
Superstock

woodman

Welcome. Glad to see another satisfied Superhawk / Firestorm owner. There I covered all the bases, used both names.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:47 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice to see a female rider chime in. :wink: My wife is a nurse as well but she won't ride because we have 2 small kids. But that doesn't stop her doctor friends from giving me a giant load of flack though. One of the sanctamonious bastards even called me a bad father for continuing to ride! Oh, and as for the Firestorm name, "no worries", (I always wanted to say that), I love that name.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Squid

Right. Firestorm it is then :P . Thanks fellas!

That's a bit rough with the "bad father" bit. I find half of the doc's give me a bit of ribbing & the other half want to hop on the back! I was working in the theatre recovery unit when one surgeon came in to give me some stats on the "dangers of riding"... When he was done, my patient (also this surgeon's patient), who I had thought was still unconscious, said "guess I'd better not ride home then". Surgeon had the decency to look sheepish & hastily retreat to theatre. Turns out the patient was a Stormer too!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:34 PM
MotoGP

Yeah, I thought it was a bit rough too. I find the DR. thing to be true here too. Half of them ask me what to buy for thier first bike or what gear to wear in the extreme summer heat here.
I'm sure you and my wife could talk for hours swapping stories like that. She's a trauma nurse, so I'm just happy she even allows me to ride. She actually bought,(and got me addicted to) my first track days, life long dream of mine.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Squid

Sounds like you've scored well there, 22. I've done Emergency & Theatre, so certainly had my share of bike-riders through! And I play nurse for a local riding group here as well, so I often get to pick up young lads from the side of the road (and not in a good way... :wink: ). I saw one bloke a few months later & he reported "I'm heaps better now, I can do the corners much faster" . Not really anywhere I could go with that. I expect I'll be picking him up again soon . Idiot. Brand new bike, no experience (well, two weeks...) & no insurance... Oh, and board shorts! Both wrists with compound fractures, gouges out of his legs all over the place. Had to get two of the other fellas on 'ant patrol' just to keep them away from his wounds.

Thanks to our state's unmatchable wisdom, you can now go & do a two-hour course & get your open bike licence to ride whatever sized bike you like. And surprisingly, the number of motorcycle-related deaths has risen dramatically .
Old 09-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Superstock

nineighthawk
Hi Girl.. I have seen that nurse before..

Welcome to the gang.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:39 PM
MotoGP

Yeah, you see that all the time here both rider and passenger in bathing suits and flip-flops. Florida repealed the helmet law and surprise surpirise the fatality rate has tripled.

We don't have any restriction on what novice riders can buy either. My brother used to sell bikes and would refuse to sell a Hyabusa (or similar) to a novice. But another salesman would set them right up and you could see them wobble at stops and put thier foot down for corners.