General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Found a front end...is it a 929?

Old 03-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Back Marker

bmidd is on a distinguished road
Found a front end...is it a 929?

A buddy has a body shop and his old stunt bike has a 929 (I think) front end on it. I can have the whole thing for $300 and he will help with the install. I'm attaching 4 pictures to get your opinions on whether it's a 929 or not, he can't remember...
Now for some specific questions I have and couldn't find in the threads I have searched.

Stock steering bearings work? If not do I just order for the 929?

Do you have any idea what clip ons these are and will I have to replace them with something else.

I'm sure I will think of something else, just a bit tired and can't think right now.
Attached Thumbnails Found a front end...is it a 929?-20140311_164057.jpg   Found a front end...is it a 929?-20140311_164107.jpg   Found a front end...is it a 929?-20140311_164132.jpg   Found a front end...is it a 929?-20140311_164302.jpg  
Old 03-11-2014, 04:38 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Here are previous threads which inc. 929 forks

https://www.google.com/#newwindow=1&...forks&safe=off
Old 03-11-2014, 05:48 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Looks about right: gullwing top clamp, 3-spoke wheel, caliper mounts cast into fork bottoms, Nissin calipers...... The only thing I would wonder about is the front discs, they may be 320mm in place of the stock 330s (hard to tell from pics)

Last edited by mikstr; 03-11-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Back Marker

Thanks. The 73 threads I just looked through still didn't answer my questions. Maybe I'm just tired and grumpy, but I really really really get tired of searching for something, not finding the info I need and then asking a question only to be told to search. For **** sake man, I feel like I'm asking my teenagers questions.
If you ask a question and I have the answer, I answer you. I don't respond with "search" or "here look at this". And if by chance I DON'T have the answer you're looking for, then I don't answer. I come from a friendly forum(FZ1OA) where the same questions get asked every day, multiple times a day and quess what, people actually answer the questions! I'm off to bed, maybe I'll just go rip the front end off my bike next weekend and hope it all works out.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by mikstr
Looks about right: gullwing top clamp, 3-spoke wheel, caliper mounts cast into fork bottoms, Nissin calipers...... The only thing I would wonder about is the front discs, they may be 320mm in place of the stock 330s (hard to tell from pics)
Thanks man, he said it is all off the donor bike and just couldn't remember whether it was 929 or 954 and I told him I really didn't think it mattered.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Back Marker

And I guess I will just order some DanMoto clip ons.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:36 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
929 and 954 are very similar to one another and any differences are likely quite minor (one difference is the calipers which are slightly different internally, 929 uses 34/30 pistons IIRC while the 954 uses 32/30).....
Old 03-11-2014, 07:53 PM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bmidd
I'm off to bed, maybe I'll just go rip the front end off my bike next weekend and hope it all works out.
Hey man hope this all works out for you. The USD is one of my favorite mods so far. I know the frustration, especially with something like this because searching still isn't gonna give u a definite answer on weather the forks in ur photo are 929 or 954. And all u want is someone who knows the little differences to say that is .......

Anyways what I did when I bought my RC51 front end to make sure it was the SP1 stuff since the SP2 triples won't work, is compare the photos I had of the front end I bought and photos I found all around the Internet. Eventually I found a picture of the SP1 & SP2 front ends side by side and was able to seee I had the SP1 front end.

Anyways from what I understand the 929 and 954 front is so similar u can pratically call it the same setup so really does it matter what bike it's from if it's complete and basically the same anyways? Trust me buying a complete front end is the best way because if u buy a whole setup but u get the forks here, the brakes there, the axle somewhere else, etc... U end up needing all these little spacers and nuts and washers, where is when u get it complete u know u have everything and u know it will all fit.

As for the bearing sizes go look at the fork conversion page and it will tell u if the 929 and 954 use the same bearings. I'd get the bearings from all ***** as the stunt bike was prolly pretty hard on the bearings and the tapered bearings are way nicer than OEM.

Good luck! $300 for a complete front is a steal as long as it's all in good condition. Think ull prolly need new brake pads, bearings, maybe brake lines, etc... Also the dan moto clip ons are great except a couple things that I addressed on how to fix in a review I wrote on here. Search danmoto clip on review. But for $100 they are great and offer the adjustability so u can get the bars where u need them after the swap since u don't know how high you'll need them to clear the triple until after the swap.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Last edited by jscobey; 03-12-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:49 AM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Well one of the top 10 results from the link I provided is this with a pic https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ont-end-25841/

I did not say search - in fact I did the search for you! Hope you wake up in a better more appreciative mood.

Originally Posted by bmidd
Thanks. The 73 threads I just looked through still didn't answer my questions. Maybe I'm just tired and grumpy, but I really really really get tired of searching for something, not finding the info I need and then asking a question only to be told to search. For **** sake man, I feel like I'm asking my teenagers questions.
If you ask a question and I have the answer, I answer you. I don't respond with "search" or "here look at this". And if by chance I DON'T have the answer you're looking for, then I don't answer. I come from a friendly forum(FZ1OA) where the same questions get asked every day, multiple times a day and quess what, people actually answer the questions! I'm off to bed, maybe I'll just go rip the front end off my bike next weekend and hope it all works out.