General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Firestorm UK - Can someone on there help me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 08:01 AM
Back Marker

Forde is on a distinguished road
Firestorm UK - Can someone on there help me?

Hey

I dont know if im allowed to post this on here, i dont see why it should be a problem.

I tried to register for firestorm uk with the same username i have here a good while ago, never got an activation email back. could someone get a mod or something on there to activiate an account for me?

the superhawkforum rules im not looking to leave or anything, need to be on the uk to find out where to buy stuff close to home tho, all the links on here are USA and i need a few bits bad that i cant find at home!

thanks
Old 12-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Back Marker

got sorted

cheers
Old 12-14-2009, 04:54 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Did you actually expect to get on the forum without a hitch? Hell they've been doing this **** to the Irish for centuries. That 's why they started the IRA. You think you got sorted huh, I wouldn't get too comfortable.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:49 PM
Back Marker

roflcopter hahaha
Old 12-14-2009, 08:24 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nath981
Did you actually expect to get on the forum without a hitch? Hell they've been doing this **** to the Irish for centuries. That 's why they started the IRA. You think you got sorted huh, I wouldn't get too comfortable.

We don't know whether Forde is a Unionist, Republican, or just a guy who wants to ride his bike. I won't ask/don't care.

And BTW I think maybe they do actually have it sorted out now.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:07 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1
We don't know whether Forde is a Unionist, Republican, or just a guy who wants to ride his bike. I won't ask/don't care.

And BTW I think maybe they do actually have it sorted out now.
let's assume he's just a guy who wants to ride his bike and if not, maybe we can rely on a Japanese machine to be the great equalizer.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:15 AM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
BTW: There's a great Brit VTR yahoo group, too. It's pretty high volume, but it's a lot of fun:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/VTR_List/
Old 12-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by RK1

i took it as a bit of a joke when he said that tbh, but anyway we'll not talk about any of that stuff lol

crash rat - how does a yahoo group work ive nevr been on one? wats it mean its "by email"?
Old 12-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Back Marker

CANADAVTR is on a distinguished road
As a Brit with Irish descent, and Irish in laws, I can tell you that there's no finer group of folks! And they have produced some of the finest Road circuit racers in the world! Joey Dunlop, Robert Dunlop, Phil McCallen et al!
And I'm soooo jealous of your fab roads to ride on, Forde!

Welcome Forde!

Last edited by CANADAVTR; 12-15-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:00 PM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
Ah, Yahoo Groups. Well, they started about a million years ago as Egroups and before that (I think) as an out shoot of GeoCities (anyone remember those?).

Anyhow. Just click the link and go through the sign-up process. That's a moderated group and you will need to introduce yourself. They made a few jokes about me being a Yankee, but they're really very funny folks -- when you can figure out WTF they're saying

I think they have some nice items in the Files section. I get a digest of about 10 e-mails a day. Let me know if this answers any of your questions, man

-R.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Back Marker

thanks crashrat

Yeah CANADAVTR the roads here are pretty good alright and the road racing calander is something else the events are class.

The Tandragee 100 goes past my folks house, the Cookstown and Bush road races are just up the road from there, my house is in Portstewart which as im sure you know is where the North West 200 is held that runs through the "triangle" of portstewart, portrush and coleraine!! NW200 race week is the best week of my year for sure its just brilliant.

All the other ones are pretty close too like, its a small country lol a couple hours on the bike will get you anywhere which is great cos none of the events are too far to go to.

Also its nice that if i go out for a blast when im at home im two minutes from being on the Tandragee 100 circuit, and when i turn out of my street in portstewart im on the NW200 circuit, the country roads and coast roads are good too.

People are mad for bikes over here too, specially the north end of the country where the triangle etc is. Its just bikes everywhere lol

Thats the reasons why so many great road racers are from here, one the roads are fantastic, two people are mad about bikes here and three we're just a bit nuts lol

Phil McCallen is a sound guy he runs a local dealership now for Aprilia, Kwak and Triumph are his three brands, you get talkin to him the odd time when your up there, and the place opens late one night a week, in the summer lots of bikers from round about spin up to it on late opening night and hang out. Actually bought a bike off him once too lol still get bits and bobs up there but my honda dealer is on my street so get most stuff in there, specially as my mate is on the parts desk so i get epic discount and freebies lol

the Dunlops are legends too met joey once, that was a good while ago now, sound guy RIP

Last edited by Forde; 12-15-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Back Marker

CANADAVTR is on a distinguished road
Wow, I love where you live..lucky bugger! I just Googled Phil McCallen and saw he has a Dealership...good lad! I was well in to road racing when I lived in England (moved here in 2002), and hung out with James Whitham's dad for years..knew James fairly well and met Foggy, and others along the way.
Tha Canadian racing scene isn't as developed as in Britain..I miss the annual trip to Assen too! But you can't have it all...
Old 12-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Back Marker

yeah mcallens been at the dealership since he stopped racing, his dealership was in lurgan for years just a few miles from my house. i used to be in a lot but he moved it to better premises in lisburn about 18 miles away now so i usually just head up for the late opening nights in summer now

you should see his personal bike its a fully tuned customised brand new model triumph tiger 1050 in black with carbon akra high levels, undertray, tuned engine etc etc its a complete beast to be honest looks hard as nails too

aye it is good for the bikes living here, the roads are amazing. when you can get out on them that is lol.... if only we had your weather lol.....

how did you find moving to canada from the uk? ive been thinking about emigrating as a possibility but dont know much about it, canada is one of the few places id really like to go though. what do you work at? i guess it helps to be in the right job something they want like